I have been dating this amazing guy for 5 months now (I'm 24 and he's 26) and everything is going incredibly well. I've met his whole family and friends and we do almost everything together whenever we can. About a month ago I decided to tell him I loved him… but he didn't say it back. His reaction didn't scare me too much as he said "this is a really big deal for me" and when I told him it was fine and he could take his time, he was very concerned to make sure I was ok that he didn't say it back. He told me he thought it was cute how I'd said it and that I didn't have to worry about scaring him away. I know from his background that he's never been in a relationship this long and definitely hasn't been in love before. He's fairly open about his feelings and everything but for some reason he's still holding back from saying those three little words.

His actions speak strongly that he does indeed appear to love me but isn't able to say it aloud just yet. From the kiss goodnight on the forehead to the perfect birthday gift, including me on big decisions to romantic cuddles… it's clear as day to me that he feels loved, safe, comfortable, and pleased with our relationship. But what's stopping him from saying it? He can't be scared that I don't feel the same way because he now knows for sure!

A bought a little tiger (his college mascot) from my grad school bookstore that says "someone at (school's name) loves you," but I haven't given it to him yet. Should I keep waiting for him to take his time or should I try leaving this little tiger in a cute place for him to find and see if that gets him to think?

It was love at first sight for me and although I don't need to hear him say it to know he loves me, it's getting very hard not to say it to him everyday and I want him to really know how much he means to me.

thanks!