+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she cheating?

Is she cheating?

I reckon my girlfriend may be cheating with her brother-in-law, what do you guys reckon.

There are a few things that have caught my attention which taken individually may seem innocent but together they are making me wonder. For instance, when we went to his house a few days ago he was sitting on his sofa with just his tee-shirt and shorts on. She was showing him something in a carrier bag. He had his feet, barefoot, on the sofa with his legs wide apart. She was standing in between his legs. They both looked relaxed and comfortable as if they were used to it and were standing very close together, certainly in their personal space.

Other things are when he turns up she brightens up and starts smiling and laughing all the time he's there no matter who is there. No matter who she is talking to her body turns towards him every time. When he goes into another room her body turns towards whoever else is in the room.

She gives him most of her attention whenever he is there, sometimes you wonder why you even bother to turn up.

They have called each other babe. She talks about him far too much for my liking. It could be my imagination what do you guys reckon. Any advice would help because I'm on the verge of dumping her. her sister is lovely, sticks up for her family to the death, will do anything anyone asks, will help any way she can and doesn't deserve this if it is true.

It sounds like she defo has a thing for him. Cheating? Im not sure. Without proof that she meets him alone, then you can't accuse her of that.

It should be a deal breaker though, shes flirting with him and sending off obvious sexual vibes to her sisters husband. I question her integrity. You should tell her your not comfortable with her obvious crush on him and need a woman who is solely committed and invested in you and tell her for that reason you cant be together anymore

She will deny it, call you crazy, say your insecure or jealous or controlling or some BS to deflect the attention away from her guilt. She will be defensive but just walk and ignore. You are none of those things. You would only be those things if you choose to stay and fight with her about this everyday and hold it over her head as a weapon to abuse her with. By walking away your just saying "I dont tolerate this behavior"

She could have a crush, or alternatively, she may have some sort of, not-unheard-of, sibling rivalry... Or in another twist it could be that she really looks up to her sister and thus desires the approval of her sister's mate. At any rate, something unfortunate is taking place.. Unfortunate for you, anyway, as no matter how you broach the topic you're bound to come off insanely jealous and like you've lost the plot. I'm probably more manipulative than you but I'd try displaying similar behavior towards her sister and see if she notices <- Disclaimer: bad advice, but if you do try, tell me how it goes!!!
    “Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean that security is out of the question. The words "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free.”

― Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker

Yeah, its time to go no matter what is going on between them because whatever is going on shouldn't be. Before you break up with her clue her sister in on their interactions. DONT accuse her of cheating because it will just make you look bad. Simply tell her to keep an eye on their interactions and that those interactions are the reason you're dumping her.

Is your gut instinct generally spot on? We tend to dismiss our instincts because they're not solid proof of anything; but often, there is some proof - as you have outlined. Her actions, her general disposition, body language...you don't need a genius IQ to tell when someone is into someone.

Put it this way - it might be just a crush but that's not really okay when you're the one dating her and it's also not okay when she's acting like a love-sick puppy towards a man who is in a relationship with her own sister - hopefully nothing happens because this crap can ruin family relationships.

But rather than ruminate over the 'what if's' - why not ask her? Tell her what you've observed and take note of her reaction/explanation. Maybe she needs to be made aware of how obvious her crush is.

Quote Originally Posted by TablesandChairs View Post
    But rather than ruminate over the 'what if's' - why not ask her? Tell her what you've observed and take note of her reaction/explanation. Maybe she needs to be made aware of how obvious her crush is.
    Sorry, I have to disagree with this because in reality it doesn't matter why. It is what it is. Asking just allows room for her to possibly come up with some sort of justification, and may also prompt her to dump the OP first while also coming up with some sort of discrediting story to cover herself before he alerts the family. OP needs to alert the sister, dump her, and wash his hands of the whole situation. Period.

Your girlfriend is trashier than any trash. Disrespectful to you and her family. Even if she actually isn't cheating, she shouldn't be behaving like a flirtatious bitch in front of you with the brother in law.

Dump the trash!

It sounds like she MIGHT have a school girl crush on him. (or even that you're reading too much into what you think are "tells." How old are you two?

Lets forget about your unfounded suspicions for a moment: have you spoken to her about how you feel ignored when she's not giving you attention or do you play it cool while your paranoia escalates?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

*peeks in, hears crickets*
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Brother in law????????......So you are accusing her of doing her sister's husband......or is your girl friend married and you are accusing her of doing her husband's brother? Either way you are making a HUGE accusations. Not only is she cheating on you, but she is cheating on her family. Unless you believe that your girlfriend is the type that would eff over her family, I would say you are misreading the situation. And if you believe she is the type that would eff over her family, what the hell are you doing calling that tramp your girlfriend?

is the bro inlaw widowed from her sis? if so she could be clinging to her by clinging to him,if not it deffo sounds iffy,sort it out!

Before you dump her pass all this info over to her sister and let her take over with your suspicions.