+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I do not understand my relationship anymore... advice?

I do not understand my relationship anymore... advice?

My boyfriend of 14 months and I recently got into a very stupid small fight. So I lost my temper and slapped him because he was too much already and he didn't even know how much it's hurting me. After I slapped him, I felt guilty so I went to him and said sorry. I put my pride down and apologised. But when I said sorry he just told me to funk off. I understood that he needed space so I left him all alone. The night later he texted me "were done." on the phone late at night. He did this to me before already. But we would usually be one okay in a matter of time. I usually break down and cry whenever this happens but to my surprise I did not even cry about it. I was feeling sick when I saw that message but over all I wasn't Really scared anymore. Usually when this happens to the both of us I always beg and beg and beg. Now I learned from that mistake so instead I sent him a message saying do what makes you happy. And now we have no contact for 2 days. He still has his pictures of me and us on his social sites and phone but I'm just confused already on what to feel. No rude advices please. Should I wait for him to contact? He takes me for granted most of the time and he is used to the fact that I Always take him back no matter how big our fights can be. It's fair because I'm also a pain in the ass. But he's worse. Help? Should I contact him saying I'm sorry or wait and give him space?

Can you blame him? You got physically abusive from not being in control from what you said or you just have a bad temper. I'm just saying, most guys I know probably would end it right there and move on for good. It's not like you even slapped him over something serious which wouldn't excuse it in the first place. Just think if this was a guy posting this? Everyone would be calling him a woman beater, and everything but a man. He doesn't need his space right now, you do. You're the one who's codependent. You need to take sometime to yourself, rediscover yourself, make a new identity, and find ways to make yourself happy. Violence begets violence. One day you'll do this to the wrong man who doesn't have morals and you'll get it back ten fold. Self control is something else you should probably learn while taking time to yourself. I'm saying all of this being someone who got codependent in a relationship and ended up causing my girlfriend to fall out of love like it sounds like it sounds like your ex-boyfriend is.