+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how do i show him i want to be with him and only him?

how do i show him i want to be with him and only him?

I dated this guy for a few months. We had a mutual friend who introduced us. Never official but when he breaks it off with me, he tells me I should of realized we were a couple. Once again he never asked me to be his girlfriend and I should of assumed I was his girlfriend according to him. I feel like Steve Urkel and how Laura always rejected him until the end of Family Matters

I did no contact with this guy for 3 weeks because after we broke it off, we started arguing. I ended up blocking his number on my phone and I blocked his Facebook. 3 weeks later, on my phone ( I have an iPhone 4) I get an apology voicemail under a "blocked" category. I also got an apology in email from him. That's when I unblocked his number and called him, but I can't do no contact now since we are in the same class in college.

We do everything together. We decided to do college together. Same major, same classes. But the thing is, he always brings girls in my face telling me girls he thinks is cute or girls he is going out to hangout with. Tonight he tells me that I am not fun to hangout with because one day in the summer we went out to the diner for lunch, then went to the library because he needed help with something. Tells me 2 months later that I should of mentioned that we should of went to the park. Seriously, he tells me in the day we went we couldn't do much because he had to go home and get ready for work. Today he says I should of mentioned "lets go to a park", but seriously, where we were there were no parks near us. But the reason I think he still likes me is because

1. he gets upset when I do not call him/talk to him
    2. he got upset when I mentioned to him I was going to drop the class we are taking together in college. He begged me not to drop it
    3. Why would he ask me for my help with a lot of stuff when he can go get any other person to help him?
    4. tries to get me to be jealous with telling me about other girls and how he thinks they are cute/hot. I do not know if that is true but my friend that is a girl tells me he does that because he still likes me and wants to see my reaction...
    5. why would he have a make out session with me, then tell me that he wants to stop and not do it again until like a month and a half later we end up making out again? (and no we both never had sex together but we did do other things to each other...)
    6. was going to ask me for a second chance but I rejected him apparently although he never said the words "can I have a second chance with you?" ( he wanted to have sex with me and sure I would of but I couldn't because I was on my period and if we did we would of been smart and used protection.. this was his way of saying we would of been officially back together). Now its my turn to ask for another chance but I have to ask on a good day and there is a chance he might say no.
    7. why would he waste his time switching his major in school to be with me and do the college thing together?

I just want to show him how I want to be with him and only him. I do not care about any other guy but him. How would I prove to him that I want to be with him? I don't want to ask him directly "do you want to try us again?" because I want to prove to him that I want to be with him. I want to be like Steve Urkel at the end of Family Matters who got the girl he wanted... but in my case got the guy she wanted... I'm 21 and he is 23... and no I feel like I am not wasting my time at all, he is the one I care about and want to have a future with...

also, how do I stop feeling jealous over the phone when he mentions other girls like when he is hanging out with them? He is allowed to be friends with whoever he wants and I think that's one of the problems with me because I am getting jealous that he is hanging out with other girls when I shouldn't and I am not a person to be controlling but I just feel jealous because I do like this guy and we have a history together. It also makes me sad when I hear he is having a good time with someone else when all I want to do is show him I want to be with him. I think I am showing him completely wrong though...
    Last edited by sadpanda1121; 03-10-14 at 09:55 PM.

He sounds very immature and insecure. Hes 23, acting 16.. you can do better than this. You should block him, cut him off and find someone who knows what he wants

you see,, I would love to do that but the biggest problem right now is that he is in the same class with me in school so I have to see him every Friday until Christmas. Plus if we end up doing group work, the professor can put us together.

I can't shake him off, even though he may be acting immature, I admit I was too at times and everything I do keeps telling me this is the guy I want to be with. He hasn't had the best childhood so I understand why he is acting like this, i just hope he comes around soon before I do find someone else and I am worried that me and him will never get back together