+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He courted me,just confessed having a gf he's about to dump:what to think & do?

He courted me,just confessed having a gf he's about to dump:what to think & do?

I met a guy at work a few weeks ago: we are both 22 and we get along well but i'm stuck in a confusing situation.
    So we work in the same service in that firm and spend a lot of time together every day, quite logically. He is gentle, a genuine guy, he walks me every evening to my bus stop, sometimes he even makes a detour and takes it with me to keep talking. He knows the area better than me so he also shows me around and we have lunch together very often. He's had flirty gestures (putting his hand on my lower back, when he hugs me goodbye he lingers a bit and has soft eyes, once or twice he even softly kissed my cheek), he compliments me sometimes and he seems caring (the other day he went ou without telling t to buy me coffee as i was tired) etc. We get along well, talk a lot, including about relationships, he never mentionned a girlfriend... but on Friday night as we were leaving work and walking as usual, i asked him what he was gonna do that evening. At first he said he was gonna meet with some friends, but after walking a few more minutes, he confessed to me that he actually had an appointment with his gf to dump her cause he he didn't love her anymore and he needed to have the honesty to do it. I was shocked, he never mentionned her. They've been together 2 years apparently. But still, before meeting her he spent 2 hours with me. But what should I think of that? Why did he delibarately not mention her?

Who cares? Why he didn't tell you isn't relevant. What is relevant is why YOU didn't ask him if he had a girlfriend on your first walk together. If you had of asked (and he was honest) then you would have known not to do any further date-like-things with him when you were so finding him attractive.

Now you have to make sure that if you continue to do date like things with him that he:
    1. Actually has broken up with her and isn't lying about that.
    2. That you aren't going to be a rebound should things escalate with him.
    3. That if things DO advance that you have sex for the first time after you've met his friends and at least on family member. Then you'll know for sure that he's serious for you and has really broken it off with the gf.

Look after your own best interests in the future by asking the right questions. Don't worry about what he's thinking and just worry about what good questions to ask in conversation.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

All I see are red flags. Being a rebound is always risky. It sounds like he might have been waiting for someone else to come along before breaking it off with her, which is a red flag that he's not able to be single for a little awhile. He also lied, u were talking about relationships and he hid something big from you. I get his reasons for lying, but still, honesty is the best way to go. He's been cheating on her too by touching you and spending extra time with you. So yeah so far he's a liar, a cheat, can't be single, goes from one relationship to the next. I wouldn't be into this guy and I'd see him for who he really is. Im sure he'll say and do anything he can to get what he wants. I'd be careful developing feelings for this person.