+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I have come back?

Should I have come back?

2 months ago I left my husband due to him telling me he no longer wants children with and lots of other reasons. Over the first month we spoke and agreed to sort things out and he said he didn't mean what he said and he does still want children with me.
    When I moved back in I found 8 condoms in the bathroom cabinet. We don't use condoms so I don't understand why they are there. I got my step son a load from the doctors as a joke for his 16th. That bag has 2 left in. The rest apparently my step son has taken with him to his mother's (he's moved out)
    Should I be concerned about the fact there are some in the cupboard? Am I over reacting?

Quote Originally Posted by Maizy View Post
    2 months ago I left my husband due to him telling me he no longer wants children with and lots of other reasons. Over the first month we spoke and agreed to sort things out and he said he didn't mean what he said and he does still want children with me.
    When I moved back in I found 8 condoms in the bathroom cabinet. We don't use condoms so I don't understand why they are there. I got my step son a load from the doctors as a joke for his 16th. That bag has 2 left in. The rest apparently my step son has taken with him to his mother's (he's moved out)
    Should I be concerned about the fact there are some in the cupboard? Am I over reacting?
    You're over reacting. If you think your husband used them then be thankful that he used protection WHILE BROKEN UP WITH YOU.

If you don't want him to keep them then tell him you've thrown them out since you don't use them. Do you honestly think he'd keep them in plain view of you if he was still using them? O.O
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I left my husband due to him telling me he no longer wants children with and lots of other reasons.

I think the condoms are the least of your worries. So you left because of the above, and moved back in when he decided that he did want kids with you......but what about those 'lots of other reasons'

he left the condoms on show to remind you he dosnt realy want kids,ugh cant say i blame him!

Why don't you just ask him? You don't have to be accusatory, just a conversation about whether you are both on the same page as far as what you both want.

You don't want to have kids with someone who doesn't really want kids.

You need to clear the air. Go out to dinner so that you are in a public place, there can be no shouting and you can just get it all out in the open and make some decisions.

He's your husband.. Why don't you ask him... If there's no communication then the relationship is doomed.