+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting back together with my ex-girlfriend

Getting back together with my ex-girlfriend

So, the deal is that my girlfriend broke up with me about 4 months ago. I was going through an emotionally challenging period, and it was to much for her.
    The night after she had broken up with me, I sent her some not very nice messages...
    She replied after a week that she knew that I was going through a hard time and that she knew I was going to be all right once I realized why she broke up with me. I made the mistake to talk to her in person, and tried to get her back. This was maybe like 2 weeks after the break up. But she rejected me(and I don't blame her for that), and told me that she couldn't get back with me because she didn't feel like it would be the same. So I stopped texting her at that moment, waited for about 3 months, trying to get my life together. Once I got emotionally stable, I texted her that I missed her and that I wanted to give her an apology for the mistakes I made. She replied that she thought that she thougth that we both had made mistakes during the end of our relationship. I sent her a long message telling her what I thought I had done wrong, and that I was very sorry about it. She hasn't replied to the last message, so I texted her today that I wanted to apologize to her face-to-face. I don't feel like she's is going to answer and that I may have taking a bad approach on how to get back with her.

So, I really want to get her back because I'm very sure that she is the right girl for me. But I'm afraid that it's too late and that I have taking the wrong approach on how to get her back.

I could need some advice on how to approach it better, or if I should just leave her alone and forget her.

I think she would reply back by now if she was really interested in getting back together. I know you miss the familiarity of her but you can start over with someone new. It sucks to start over but we all have exes for a reason. I'd just take your lesson from that relationship and move on. New love is fun too.

It is time to stop texting her and move on. You are starting to cross the line of being that 'creepy obsessed ex' and 'pathetic loser'. She does not want you back, otherwise she would talk to you instead of ignoring a bunches of impersonal texting.

Quote Originally Posted by reeba View Post
    It is time to stop texting her and move on. You are starting to cross the line of being that 'creepy obsessed ex' and 'pathetic loser'. She does not want you back, otherwise she would talk to you instead of ignoring a bunches of impersonal texting.
    LMAO. This

I would definitely say it is time to consider moving on. I know that may not be what you want to hear, but you gave it a shot and it is seeming like she does not have interest in reconnecting. It could be possible she just has not gotten around to responding to you, but that seems unlikely. If she had interest in giving your relationship another shot, she would probably be more responsive.

You did make some initial mistakes after the break up, but a lot of people go through that kind of stuff. Breaking up can be hard. Once you got through that, you gave yourself some time to heal and grow and only then did you try again. But, it doesn't seem she is interested. So, my personal recommendation to you would be to move on. Take some time to be by yourself if needed and then move on and find somebody else. If she happens to decide she wants to reconnect during that time, then cross that road when you get to it.

Still, she couldn't be there for you when you were going through rough times? Why should you want her back now that times are better? I mean, I don't know exactly what sort of emotional problems you were having or to what extent, but don't we all deserve a partner who will be there for us in the worst of times and the best of times? Even if you two got back together, how sure can you be she wouldn't just run the next time you are having a rough time? Life is a roller coaster sometimes.