+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Depressed and alone

Depressed and alone

Hi there! I'm a 43 year old woman who is going through a nasty divorce. I'm feeling very depressed and alone. This is my second marriage, the first one I was cheated on and this last one I was emotionally, psychologically and verbally abused on a daily basis. My self esteem, self confidence and self worth are completely gone. He took everything from me and beat me down. I fear I'm going to be alone the rest of my life and I hate to say it but I'm not sure if I can ever trust a man again. He keeps begging me to take him back and says he will change, but I don't believe him because it keeps happening. I have no friends he chased them all away. Please help I would like a Penpal man or woman no preference just someone I can talk to. Thank you so much.

wait a long time before meeting any one and remember if you are one of those who only goes for the bad boys that is what you will end up with.

Don't go back to the douchebag, no matter what he says to you. If he was abusive to you before, he will always be abusive to you and there is no excuse for that!

Can you try to join any community group or try to contact any of your friends? What about your family? Are they around?

Loneliness is your worst enemy. You need to beat that feeling or you're going to end up picking another scumbag again because you feel lonely and you don't want or too scared to be alone.

Sort out yourself and your problems. Get some support. Look for resources or support group for abused women on the web/ in your area. I'm sure you'll find some. Talk about your feelings and experiences. It will help to get them out of your chest.

If you can afford therapy, try to get some. The therapist should be able to give you tools on how to cope/deal with your issues and problems.

You should get counselling to help you deal with the abuse. It will take time but you will get through this

Get some counseling for sure. Sometimes the human spirit responds the best when it is completely broken down. Hitting rock bottom. Feel free to send me a message if you'd like, I'm happy to talk. But I think getting some professional help is the best gift you can give yourself.