+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do regarding this guy I have a big crush?

What should I do regarding this guy I have a big crush?

Hi guys, I really need your opinion here about this guy.

About 1 month ago I won in a competition some music lessons in a local music school. I always wanted to learn how to play the guitar, so was really excited with that. On my first lesson I totally felt something about the music teacher. He seems like a great guy, we talk a lot as well and have a lot in common. I'm having a big crush on him now and don't know what to do.

He already asked me if I'm single or dating someone and other personal questions as well. I can tell by the way he looks at me that he's into me as well, but he haven't tried anything. This may seem crazy to some of you, but I did a tarot reading on him and it said that he feels strongly attracted to me but that he's just going with the flow and that there's another girl in the picture and that he's confused and making comparisons at the moment.

Well, the lessons end in one week time and I don't know what to do or if I should let him know how I feel? It just feels kinda awkward to me because it's still his workplace, it's not like we're on the coffee shop or something like that.

Also, I don't know if that's also the reason why he still didn't ask me out or is more forward, because if I say no or something goes wrong, it could become a problem for him at work!?

Well, with tarot or without tarot, I can tell he's into me, even last Friday on our lesson I could totally see his lingering look at me.

So, guys, what do you think about this? Should I give him some hints (what I'm doing now is just asking him general questions and smiling and making eye contact), or should I say something more forward, or should I just go with the flow too and see what happens after the lessons have finished?

Really need a guy advice on this one! Thanks in advance!

He may be scared to say anything because if you denied him, that would make your lessons awkward. He also may not want to mix business with pleasure which is very smart on his part. He may be waiting until the last day of practice. If he doesn't say anything by the end of the last day.. I would make a move and give him your phone number. Flirt with him a bit until then, Goodluck

-

Quote Originally Posted by purple_roses View Post
    He may be scared to say anything because if you denied him, that would make your lessons awkward. He also may not want to mix business with pleasure which is very smart on his part. He may be waiting until the last day of practice. If he doesn't say anything by the end of the last day.. I would make a move and give him your phone number. Flirt with him a bit until then, Goodluck
    That's exactly what I think about him and the vibes I'm getting from him. He's waiting for the lessons to end and very smartly, doesn't want to mix business with pleasure, after all he's working as a freelancer for this music school so mixing things could potentially jeopardise his job. I would do the same if I was on his shoes!

He's been asking me a lot if I already booked the assessment I'm going to have after the lessons finish with him with the owner of the music school, and also he's always asking me how many more time we have until the lessons finish. The other day we were talking about sports and he asked me if I like tennis (which I do) and that he was going to see a new tennis club and etc. I got the feeling he wanted to invite me to play.

Well anyway, the lessons are about to end but I guess you're right, I can flirt a bit with him, also trough body language, lingering looks and etc. He basically has all the body language signs: profound lingering looks, raised eyebrows when I'm talking, lips parted, dilated pupils, rubbing his chest, touching his face (yeah, I pay lots of attention to body language!).

Let's see how it goes.

Oh, and he already has my phone number and my email too! Sometimes we need to change the time of the lessons, so we text each other and also he sends me lessons related material to my email address. We're also following each other on Facebook, so there's lots of ways for him to contact me afterwards!
    Last edited by thisgirl2014; 07-10-14 at 11:10 PM.

I would definitely suggest you send subtle hints for the last few sessions. Start to sort of give the message that you are interested. You may very well be right that he is waiting until the last lesson. After all, if he just went for it and you weren't interested, that would certainly make the remaining lessons a little awkward for you both.

I'm a guy, so I can't exactly say what to do to show interest. It also doesn't help that I am kind of clueless about that sort of thing too. LOL! A woman could be basically throwing herself at me (you know... like when Hell freezes over) and it wouldn't surprise me if I didn't realize it. So, perhaps some of our female members can give you some advice on that.

However, I would definitely say start giving hints that you are interested. If he is interested, and feels more confident that his feelings are returned, maybe he will even ask before the last lesson. If not, maybe he is just waiting until then. I would also agree that if it gets to the point where you waited until the last session and he still has not said anything, I would go ahead and get the ball rolling. Maybe ask him to keep in touch, or even feel free to directly ask him if he may like to get together some time.

I certainly cannot speak for him, but I can tell you that I personally have always been very shy. So, it could be possible that he likes you but has just been too shy to say anything. No harm in you making the first move. As long as it doesn't become a thing where you always have to make the first move. I have definitely worked on it a lot and come a long way, but I've made the mistake many times of not at least giving it a shot because I was too shy. So, I know how that can be, and know how hard it can be to get yourself to just go for it. At the same time, it is okay if you make the first move, but at some point he does need to man up and get over the shyness a bit. I don't mean that to sound judging. I certainly know what it is like to suffer from being shy. At the same time, though, that just means you have to work twice as hard to get over it. :-D

Good luck!

Ah, the lovely stage of courtship. Ain't it grand?

Enjoy the process.

I'd uh, somehow try to find out if there's another lady in the picture though, you know, before you put yourself out there too much. I don't know how you'd approach it. 'Gingerly' i'd suggest; and then, well, do what comes naturally and keep up the guitar playing. Practice, practice those scales.

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Ah, the lovely stage of courtship. Ain't it grand?

Enjoy the process.

I'd uh, somehow try to find out if there's another lady in the picture though, you know, before you put yourself out there too much. I don't know how you'd approach it. 'Gingerly' i'd suggest; and then, well, do what comes naturally and keep up the guitar playing. Practice, practice those scales.
    Well definitely I'm learning to play the guitar really well!

If he asks me out of course I'll ask him if there's someone else in the picture or if he's totally single, even before anything happens between us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    I would definitely suggest you send subtle hints for the last few sessions. Start to sort of give the message that you are interested. You may very well be right that he is waiting until the last lesson. After all, if he just went for it and you weren't interested, that would certainly make the remaining lessons a little awkward for you both.

I'm a guy, so I can't exactly say what to do to show interest. It also doesn't help that I am kind of clueless about that sort of thing too. LOL! A woman could be basically throwing herself at me (you know... like when Hell freezes over) and it wouldn't surprise me if I didn't realize it. So, perhaps some of our female members can give you some advice on that.

However, I would definitely say start giving hints that you are interested. If he is interested, and feels more confident that his feelings are returned, maybe he will even ask before the last lesson. If not, maybe he is just waiting until then. I would also agree that if it gets to the point where you waited until the last session and he still has not said anything, I would go ahead and get the ball rolling. Maybe ask him to keep in touch, or even feel free to directly ask him if he may like to get together some time.

I certainly cannot speak for him, but I can tell you that I personally have always been very shy. So, it could be possible that he likes you but has just been too shy to say anything. No harm in you making the first move. As long as it doesn't become a thing where you always have to make the first move. I have definitely worked on it a lot and come a long way, but I've made the mistake many times of not at least giving it a shot because I was too shy. So, I know how that can be, and know how hard it can be to get yourself to just go for it. At the same time, it is okay if you make the first move, but at some point he does need to man up and get over the shyness a bit. I don't mean that to sound judging. I certainly know what it is like to suffer from being shy. At the same time, though, that just means you have to work twice as hard to get over it. :-D

Good luck!
    I forgot to mention that it is a small music school and that we're never alone. Very often other people passes by or are near us and so there's no much opportunity to become more personal!

In our last lesson if he doesn't say anything (after all we're still in the music school and very often there's other people around that might overheard) I would just say something like "oh, I'll miss you now, I hope to see you again soon". If after saying this he doesn't say anything or he doesn't call me afterwards and asks me out, well, maybe it was not meant to be.

But, fingers crossed he will because I can't stop thinking about him!
    Last edited by thisgirl2014; 08-10-14 at 11:57 AM.

Just want to ask you guys something. At our lesson today he asked me what do I do exactly at work and I told him that I am a web designer and he said that he wants to build his own website and if I could give him some tips and maybe even arrange a meeting!

Well, I told him yeap that's all right and then he said he's going to send me an email with more info and I was thinking why not telling him for us to meet for a coffee and talk a bit more about what he can do on the website, and then get the chance to know each other a bit more outside the music school and even ask more personal stuff as well!?

So it would be a date but not real date if you know what I mean!? I don't know if that was his intention asking me this, but I think it's a great opportunity to meet him somewhere else and go from there! What do you think? Oh, and thank you for your help on this!

If I were you , I'd get the email first, take it slow, no rush here. Get more information about what he wants for his site, that way you've something more to talk about when you two do actually meet in person.
    But this is just my opinion. You'll do what's right for you.
    good luck and enjoy the wooing stage!!

If I were you , I'd get the email first, take it slow, no rush here. Get more information about what he wants for his site, that way you've something more to talk about when you two do actually meet in person.
    But this is just my opinion. You'll do what's right for you.
    good luck and enjoy the wooing stage!!
    Yes, that's exactly what I plan to do. First get him to send me the email and see what he needs regarding the website, then get some information together for him and reply asking if he wants to meet for a coffee for us to talk about it, and then take it from there and use it as an opportunity to get him better.

Very good idea. Ah, musicians, wonderful people they are. Good luck lady. Don't you love those butterflies?
    Just remember to breath and keep it real, sit back and soak it all in. And don't forget to practice; he'll appreciate having taught you and the fact your keen on it.

-

Very good idea. Ah, musicians, wonderful people they are. Good luck lady. Don't you love those butterflies?
    Just remember to breath and keep it real, sit back and soak it all in. And don't forget to practice; he'll appreciate having taught you and the fact your keen on it.
    I have a gigantic family of butterflies in my stomach all the time now! And yes, feels great, makes me feel sexy and like a teenager again!

Awesome! I certainly wouldn't recommend you get your hopes up too much. It could be that he literally just wants your help with his website. Still, that is at least a good sign. It could be his way of trying to arrange a way to see you outside of the lesson. Again, as others have said just take it slow and see how it goes. "Cautious optimism" would be a good phrase. This definitely seems like a good first step.

I think you also have a good idea to invite him out for coffee to talk about his website. This can give you the chance to also talk a little more on a more personal level. Just be sure you actually talk about his website as well. ;-) Good luck! Hope it goes well.

If it doesn't, you could always build him a God awful eye-sore of a website with all those flashing images and other goofy stuff people seemed to think were so awesome back in the 90's. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Awesome! I certainly wouldn't recommend you get your hopes up too much. It could be that he literally just wants your help with his website. Still, that is at least a good sign. It could be his way of trying to arrange a way to see you outside of the lesson. Again, as others have said just take it slow and see how it goes. "Cautious optimism" would be a good phrase. This definitely seems like a good first step.

I think you also have a good idea to invite him out for coffee to talk about his website. This can give you the chance to also talk a little more on a more personal level. Just be sure you actually talk about his website as well. ;-) Good luck! Hope it goes well.

If it doesn't, you could always build him a God awful eye-sore of a website with all those flashing images and other goofy stuff people seemed to think were so awesome back in the 90's. :-P
    OMG, I don't build those kind of websites! Not even for my worst enemy! lololololol

Yeah, I'm also not sure if he really just needs help with his website or if it is just an excuse to meet me outside the school, or both!

Anyway, I think it's a good opportunity for both to also talk in a more personal level besides the website and get to know each other better so we can decide if we wish to go along to a real date.

I'm sure out of the school he will be more at ease to be himself and in a coffee shop is a relaxed environment where you can talk other stuff besides business. And, well, if he wanted to get together for other reasons besides the website, I guess it will show.

Just anxiously waiting for his email at the moment that he still didn't send!