+ Follow This Topic
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Nosey member game!

I gave a toast at a good buddies wedding and most of us [ the guys ] were close to drunk half way into the reception and I said his ex's name not his wifes in my toast -- at the time I didn't realize I said the wrong name, blame the drink but later was told, so all I could do was say sorry to her and him, wasn't malicious, some people found it hilarious though.

Same question.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post

Can you tell us a story of a time you said or did something that to you was embarrassing and what you did to overcome that embarrassment?
    One of my band teachers in a summer camp ( haha american pie ) was a sleaze and rude on top of that and was bothering me during one of the rehearsal sessions we had and I had been transferred into his class out of another but I knew he was a sleaze because he was on the floor of the dorm I was staying hitting on 16 year old years, and he was in his thirties. Had a sleaze rep that I heard about so I wasn't happy to be in his class for camp that summer. He got in front of me when I hit a bad note and waggled his fingers right in front of my face with words like girlie and overall sexist asshole attitudes and I said very loudly .." get your fingers out of my face you look like you had them up your ass".. Lmao he was a big time smoker so his fingers were discolored but I took that to another place. I was embarrassed and shocked I blurted that out in front of a whole class of 25 others and an adult. I didn't make it better, I finished class and never apologized because he was rude to me first and got what he was pushing for in my opinion.

Who do you consider to be your best friend and why them?

[MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION], awesome. [MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION], yeah, he had it coming.

onwards to the next.

He he ha ha at your embarrassing stories posted above. I have a few "period" embarrassing stories, with school, dating but don't want to type them out ; - ]

Who do you think would make a good moderator on here? Can say one for love forum sections and one for off topics, or just an overall one? This forum needs more moderators.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I don't think we have even 1 mod here anymore -- only LA. I'd think 4 would be enough, ones who post in the romance sections and off topics most.
    Exeter19, woody, basilandthyme and lovebroken all seem fair, and considerate and none have been troublemakers that I know of and that matters too.

Same question to the next poster to check in here.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Good choices ~ I'll be a parrot & echo those. All from different countries too, so covers different time zones.

What do you do when you have a migraine, take a pill, go to sleep, rub oils into temples, drink something that can help counter it or other?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Find a dark quiet room, put the ice pack on and pray for sleep.... Migraines and/or severe head aches are debilitating; no fun at all...
    Got a migraine? Ice is your friend. And lots of H2O... remember, Ice packs numb everything, pain included. Use plain water though. once i only had frozen cranberries and the following morning when my sweetheart woke up and saw my pillow stained red, really freaked him out. tehe. oops

anyone else got advice on how to counter pain? I'll pass that one on to the next.

Ice pack that's a good idea, woody didn't think about ever doing that. In the winter I drank TOO MUCH hot drinks never enough cold ones, I know it's bad & I get very dehydrated.

Lol about the cranberry stained pillow

I usually take a pain pill for headaches & try to wait for it to take affect, I close my eyes too, massage my head sometimes.

Where did all our other off topicers go? It's still winter well maybe spring but barely.

Do you do anything special when spring begins?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I plant many green things... ehem. and then I hope they grow which they usually do.

TPBM,
    If a local Logging company threatened your watershed area, would you write your local member of parliament or government or do something else proactive OR would you do nothing and assume all will be alright until it became too late..??

What is a watershed area, a water pond, lake? I would complain if they obstructed roads or caused accidents but how could I prove they were damaging water? I'd call to complain if they were disturbing the community.

I never even saw a logging truck in real life, I'd hate to drive behind one for fear logs would break loose & go through my windshield.

What are you afraid to do or of? Fear of flying, heights, dying, spiders, & anything else?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

^^@breath123. A watershed area is the space surrounding a body of water, of drinking water (be it a series of creeks, rivers or otherwise); The older growth Trees and their massive roots help retain the moisture as well as clean it which is then stored somewhat so all the animals and humans can drink what we are mostly made of, water.... So, when big logging outfits come and clearcut these life givers or leave not enough buffer zone, it really f__cks things up, big time because suddenly, natures way of retaining and cleaning water is gone, just like that and the towns that rely on water are left stuck wondering how their basic human need was over rode by greed.

I shall pass on Breath123's question to the next. Hope everyone is doing well..

The ONS for me, that is the most recent and to let go of my hate.. I feel if I let go of it then he wins, even though that whole thought process is messed up it is still a legit fear, also I fear not finding my one and getting married and having a child.

What are you cooking for Easter, or having cooked for you? Have a nice day with family and friends. x

Dollhouse,^^
    Holding onto this hate only hurts yourself. There are no benefits to keeping hatred close to heart. It may feel comforting to hold onto in moments of uncomfortable memories but it will bring one down and only serve to eat away at this day your in now.

Time to move on. This is, after all, your life.
    and the 'ons'.? Perhaps it is just not in you to do so. Don't force it. You will meet your man when your ready.
    -----------
    I am cooking a turkey crock/pot roast with yams, dark leafy greens, sweet onions, organic baby carrots, a few potatoes with of course, gravy.
    -------

Next person: You trust yourself enough to understand that you don't need to be perfect, there is no such thing and when mistakes are made, you trust/love yourself enough to forgive all.

No, I don't feel that way about myself anymore, sadly. Someone changed that for me.

I can forgive others quicker than I can ever forgive myself. I think that is why I am getting depressed, but hoping with spring and getting out more in the sun it will help.

Good question, woody. I'll pass it onto the next person to answer as well.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

On woody's question - Definitely I like myself enough not to shitkick myself for **** ups, things happen and if you act without malice and try to have good intentions no need to kick yourself.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast