+ Follow This Topic
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Nosey member game!

Thanks, guys :] Only so many active posting guys here to mention, see above two & others mentioned ~ we have more gurlies to pick from and dollhouse & melancholia haven't been said yet so them too.

Others can continue to answer same if they want or answer another question separately or with it ~

Were you spanked, hit as a child by your parents? Would you do the same when having your own children, or not? What other ways would you discipline?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

To be honest, I don't know who I'd pick as moderators. We have plenty of great options. Please, do feel free to continue discussing that if others have thoughts, but I like continuing this thread. It is a fun one.

So, to answer breathe's question....

We were basically almost NEVER spanked as children.... but it wasn't 100% removed as an option. These days so many parents are so against spanking.... and if you ask me I honestly think that is a big part of why so many of our children grow up to be spoiled little $h*ts. I also think it is a big part of why people these days grow up to be such disrespectful a-holes. I don't believe you should be spanking your kids left and right, but I've always felt it should at least be a possible punishment for severe enough offenses. To me, there is a BIG difference between abuse/hitting your child and just simply "spanking" them or other such punishments. In other words, when done correctly, spanking is not going to leave any lasting effect. By the time the punishment is over, it is just that... over.

On the other hand, if you are causing physical harm to your child and/or leaving marks.... that crosses the line into abuse. If I were to ever have kids of my own (HIGHLY unlikely since it is doubtful I'll ever even have a girlfriend again, much less a wife) I think my policy would be pretty much the same as my parents'. Spanking would be EXTREMELY rare and almost never happen..... but it wouldn't be completely out of the question if the offense truly called for it.

I'm interested what others think on this topic, so same question to the next player...

Did your parents ever spank you as a child? If/when you have kids, would you spank your kids if you felt the offense called for it?

Yes and Yes I would but not hard enough to hurt or leave any marks just a small bottom spank to say you did wrong but only when they think words are meaningless to them. I think I would go the way of some parents I know and take away luxuries if they are bad over actually spanking them.

What would make you remove your internet for a long time? Curious if others have done so too, or are you unable to do so altogether?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

moving countries or not enough money to pay my bill for internet probably would cause me to do without it. i help my brother run a website so i haven't gone without net to date.

i'll give your question again to the poster below me.

see, lovebroken's question above my post.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I might if I couldn't get over a ex lost love and was always tempted to stalk snoop them and re read past talks look at saved images of them.
    I would if I traveled, or was to do missionary work and was gone for 6 months or longer.
    I would if I was in hospital and ill.

I like this question so giving it onto the next victim lol I mean - poster

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Honestly, unless I had no choice (such as I suddenly couldn't afford it, I was doing some kind of lengthy charity work somewhere without access to Internet, or whatever reason) I don't think I'd ever completely give up the Internet. Temporarily, sure. For example, on vacation, I don't do a whole lot of Internetting. I usually tend to prefer to enjoy my vacation, not spend all day surfing the web... but just in a new location. LOL!

However, one thing that COULD make me limit my Internet usage a great deal, and in fact actually has, is people. The Internet used to be one of my favorite pass-times. Like watching movies and TV, I'd come home from a long day of work and go on Facebook, or YouTube (both to watch videos and to post videos), and other stuff like that. Anyway, long story short, I just got sick of people. There were a few bad people who had managed to worm their way into my life, and beyond that I just go so sick of people who called themselves my "friend" but so obviously didn't really give a crap.

So, my Internet use these days actually IS much more limited. I connect with the few friends I still trust, I love coming to this very web site, I watch YouTube videos now and then (but haven't really posted any in a while).... beyond that, I don't really use it as much as I did in the past.

I like this question too, but it already cycled through a few of us, so I think time for a new one...

If you could be granted a wish to get to be somebody for one day, who would you choose? They can be dead or alive... but obviously if you choose somebody who is dead, the wish would allow you to travel back in time to be them for a day while they were alive. (I mean, obviously it wouldn't make much sense to be them for a day while they are already dead. LOL!)

Good question. ~ how did this go unanswered?

Alive I would pick Taylor Swift hehehe wonder if she is nice or a diva. Like to know truth.
    Dead I would pick Marilyn Monroe.

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] ~ who would you pick dead & alive?

Same question. ^^^^^^^^^^
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Well, since you asked me directly, I will answer, but then I will just send the question back to the next player.

To be honest, I think there are several choices and I couldn't necessarily pick just one.

For example, one choice for me might be Robert Englund. Though, if I were him for a day, I might want to travel back in time to be him for a day during shooting of one of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. Bruce Campbell would be another choice. Also, possibly The Undertaker or Mick Foley. Too hard for me to pick just one.

As for somebody who has already passed.... I'm not sure. Maybe Wes Craven.

Again, as promised, passing this question along to the next player...

If you could be granted a wish to get to be somebody for one day, who would you choose? They can be dead or alive... but obviously if you choose somebody who is dead, the wish would allow you to travel back in time to be them for a day while they were alive. (I mean, obviously it wouldn't make much sense to be them for a day while they are already dead. LOL!)

Dead -- Jim Morrison or Jimi Hendrix
    Alive -- Samuel L Jackson.

Same Q. because it's a fun one to see who each would pick.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Bump for site issues.

I'll get this one going again!

Do you think belonging to online websites like loveforum can actually help someone heal from a broken heart & breakup and if so why?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Honestly, yes, to some degree I do think so. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't think they can help in place of everything else. Like, I don't think you come to the Love Forum with a broken heart and suddenly you leave feeling AMAZING. But, I do think they can HELP.

Sometimes, it helps a lot just to be able to talk to somebody, anybody about what you are going through. Even if it is just random, faceless strangers on the interwebs. I don't think it is like some magic bullet, and I don't think it can help with SERIOUS issues. However, I do think it can sincerely offer some help, even if just very minor, to somebody who is suffering from a broken heart, or is unsure what to do about a relationship, or is wondering how to ask that special somebody out, etc.

It also can help to hear thoughts and advice from other people, and especially helps when there are others who know what you are going through and can therefore possibly relate to how you feel. Good question, breathe, and a nice way to get us back into the game.

Have you ever visited a psychic, and if so do you believe in that sort of stuff or did you do it only for fun/entertainment?

Nope, I've never visited a psychic, and I don't believe in that sort of stuff, and I wouldn't even enjoy it for entertainment. I'm a scientist, and athiest/agnostic.

-----
    I like some of the other questions so I'm gonna answer them anyways! (will i get in trouble for this?)
    1. I was never hit as a child. I was spanked probably about 4-6 times, and one or two with a belt and it hurt (for running into the street without looking both ways... hahahaha). Yes, I would spank my kids, but very rarely when absolutely necessary (tend to agree with Deadpool), and I think--no, I and the whole world *knows*--that positive reinforcement is the best way to condition behavior.
    2. Nothing would ever drive me to disconnect my internet. I would have to literally be unable to pay or unable to access it.
    3. Dead person, alive person: I'd want to hang out with a random female Native American for a day from about 500-1,000 years ago, before the white man came, and watch the sun rise and set over the hills surrounding a valley, and sleep next to her under a fur beside a fire (this has always been a fantasy of mine), and I'd want to hang out with Elon Musk.
    4. Yes, I think loveforum.net can definitely help people heal from a heartbreak. It's helped me heal. Basically time heals all wounds, and I've vented to my counselor, and to family and friends (I even cried in front of my boss), and I've ranted on this forum and it's helped me. It's not so much that anyone provided amazing, novel, groundbreaking insight (thanks a lot, haha), but it's rather that it's given me the opportunity to vent and get things off my chest.
    -----

When was the last time you cried for your last heart break?

Few years ago. A proper choking on it because so teared up and gagging and distraught. Re thinking on it makes me cry too. Invested too much for too long and felt they felt 100% the same, never a doubt and found out years after it wasn't so. So that new information causes tears still.

Have you ever got revenge on an ex? if so how did you take out your revenge.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Never took out revenge on an ex. The worst I would do is get drunk and send hate texts, and that's become a pattern with the last two ex's, so I've gotta watch my drinking.

Same question (modified): Did you ever get revenge on an ex, or did you even consider plotting the revenge but chickened out? Include details.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast