+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Someone help me decode the male text message

Someone help me decode the male text message

So I went to the bar this weekend and ended up seeing a guy that I used to go to elementary/highschool with. We were both pretty drunk and ended up downing shots, dancing the night away lol. We made out quite a bit and I know we didnt really sit down and have a good conversation, but we talked a bit.. Overall, I had alot of fun with him and he told me he did as well.

We talked over facebook the next day and exchanged numbers, and hes been texting me ever since. Good morning texts, good night texts, basically all throughout the day. We talk about everything and its kind of refreshing since we didnt really talk too much at the bar. He's 3 months out of a relationship and he knows mine is on and off too.

Do you think I should continue to talk to him? I dont want to be a rebound but we seem like we have so much in common. My friend gave me some advice saying him texting me constantly like this should tell me that Im obviously on his mind and hes interested.. So guys, do you waste your time texting girls this much that you're not that interested in?

No....a man won't invest that much effort if he wasn't interested

... How he's interested remains to be seen though. If all he does is text you and he isn't asking you out on any real dates then you'd be a fool to accept an invitation to "hang out" with him at his place because you're just setting yourself up to be a casual sexual partner.

If YOU like him then tell him that you've texted enough to figure out if he'd like to take you out and get to re-know you in person. If he doesn't ask you out after that then get the book "He's Just Not That Into You" and read what happens when a guy doesn't do ANY pursuing.

It doesn't take ANY effort to text. Not in this day and age where everyone just does it because its what is done. (sadly)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I think I just replied to another post of yours regarding your husband (or bf of 4 yrs) and how your having an affair due to a lack of intimacy.
    I suggest you free and clear yourself first and foremost before seriously pursuing someone else. It isn't fair to your present on/off again man, you or the new object of your affections madame.

Ask yourself, if you were truly single and 100%available, would this new guy seem so interested? Meaning, sometimes men will flirt with a girl harder if he thinks she's already kinda spoken for because it could mean, less strings attached. Casual encounter realm. Question is, are you comfortable with that? Or do you want something more.
    Free yourself first from your present relationship. It is a courtesy you yourself would prefer would you not?

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    I think I just replied to another post of yours regarding your husband (or bf of 4 yrs) and how your having an affair due to a lack of intimacy.
    Oh FFS... Yea... I missed that it was the same poster. Geeezus, dear... please, do your boyfriend a favor and tell him you're on the prowl. You owe it to him so that he to can get with strange too if that's what will get his mojo back... it may you know. He might just be bored with you. Hell... maybe that's why he's not doing you... he's too busy doing others too? Get it all out in the open and have an open relationship where both of you have the choice. If he's as codependent as you, then he'll be all for that or, he'll not be but he'll be fine with you doing it as long as you don't leave him.

I suggest you free and clear yourself first and foremost before seriously pursuing someone else.
    ... and I suggest you tell your current partner so that he can make a decision to either stay with your skanky ass and let you play or leave you outright, or stay and have his own skanky ass-goings-on.

Ask yourself, if you were truly single and 100%available, would this new guy seem so interested? Meaning, sometimes men will flirt with a girl harder if he thinks she's already kinda spoken for because it could mean, less strings attached.
    Uhm.... I think that's whats she's hoping.

Casual encounter realm. Question is, are you comfortable with that? Or do you want something more.
    Free yourself first from your present relationship. It is a courtesy you yourself would prefer would you not?
    Uhm she wants to keep her present situation while screwing other people but as far as we can tell... so far, is that she doesn't want to tell her current partner because she couldn't stand the fact that he'd want to screw other women but he's not doing her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I plan on leaving my boyfriend or atleast taking a break if he doesnt want to work on the problems weve been having.. This was a simple question about texting the other dude I met. Get over yourself wakeup.

I'm responding to your thread. Just because you don't like being called out on your anti-social, and despicable behaviour towards your current partner is not my problem. It's not about me, it's about you and your selfishness, codependency, fear of being alone and whatever else you've yet to disclose that says more about you then it ever would me.

You should at least give him a chance to remedy by telling him that you can't remain with him if he doesn't get the psycho-sexual therapy he needs to overcome his asexuality instead of trying out other men until you find his replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by its_leah View Post
    This was a simple question about texting the other dude I met. Get over yourself wakeup.
    No it isn't! You made out with the dude while drunk then you continued with your cheating behavior by exchanging text messages with him!

Why don't you break up with your boyfriend first before flirting with another guy?! If you can't do that, be upfront with him and tell him you made out with someone else and leave the ball in his court to make the decision wether to dump your flirty ass or not.
    Last edited by dontaskme; 09-10-14 at 05:11 PM.

depends on the type of interest we are talking about

1. we have the hit and run interest
    2. we have the let me roll with this babe for now interest
    3. we have the lets smash, i think she understands interest
    4. we have the serious interest etc
    Note: believe me when i say that no matter the type of interest, the guy always sounds serious so that you think same. But its left for you to read the smile behind that face if u don't know already.
    But i will advice you to take not your heart on this journey, go with your mind and do whatever your intuition tells you