+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I want him back

I want him back

My boyfriend of 2 years and 4 months broke up with me 2 weeks ago. He didn't want to, but he said that it was because we don't see each other often and we argue a lot. I didn't think that we argued a lot. We argued just as much as the next couple. Anyways, last week we were talking about getting back together. Then he didn't want to. I met him for lunch last Sunday and we talked a little but we started getting me (I don't know about what) and we stormed off and drove away from each other. Later that night he deleted me off of facebook and told me that he resents me and he wants me out of his life forever. He was really angry. He won't reply to any of my messages. But I can't ignore my feelings. He is the one I want to be with. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

When someone breaks up with you.....and you argue your way back into the relationship....the chances are you will just break up again. Whatever caused the breakup is still there. Unless you want to go to couples counseling with some guy you are just dating (which sounds weird doesn't it?), I suggest you accept the break up and start moving on. Forcing a relationship is what creates 'emotional baggage' and can potentially ruin your chances of a healthy relationship with another person in the future.

Doesn't sound like u two are soulmates. Better luck next time.

But I can't ignore my feelings. He is the one I want to be with. I'm not sure what to do at this point.
    Well, "we don't always get what we want but if we try sometime, we just might get what we need." ~ Mick Jagger.

My dear... you are clinging to a sand castle that's already on it's way out with the tide. It takes TWO people to want to be in a relationship not just one. You're "not sure what to do at this point?" Sure you're sure, you just don't want to accept what it is you need to do which is start your zero contact, do things to keep your mind off of him, consciously change your thoughts of him when they pop into your head, learn to effectively communicate through books and or classes so that you learn to get your point across without arguing. In other words you keep busy so that you speed along your journey to being indifferent to him.

First step is acceptance that it's over though. You're in denial that it is which will keep you mired in your current pain and withdrawl symtoms.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

my best friend was having issues with her hubby, and she asked me if it's ever okay to tell someone that you resent them. i told her sure, but only if she knew the relationship was over.

he said he resents you. what you two had together is dead and floating in the water.

walk away. do some soul-searching. what did you two fight about? did you ever find yourself wondering why you were fighting? why did you continue to fight after you realized you didn't have a real reason for fighting? work on being a better you, and you will find yourself in a better relationship when the time is right.

i wish you the best.