+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies - Your Opinion of Private Messaging on Facebook

Ladies - Your Opinion of Private Messaging on Facebook

What is your opinion on messaging acquaintances you have come across in your work life, or school life? After getting out of relationship for some time..I feel like I want to hop into the dating scene again, and one thought has been to just message a couple of ladies on my facebook with the attempt of starting out a conversation - and possibly develop a conversation into something further..like a coffee date/more dates if personalities do match. One side of me feels like messaging them would be really random! Mostly because they are acquaintances, and any interaction I had with them from a couple years ago was more brief. But then the other side of me ponders - what difference would it make if I said hi to someone at the grocery store, or shopping downtown, or meeting someone through friends, or at a party. Does it even matter? Saying hello in one scenario as opposed to the other? If I just said "Hey, how are you? What have you been up to since finishing school?"

What are your thoughts on this? Do ladies typically welcome these sorts of messages? are you like whoa that's really random, this person never messaged me ever - what does this guy want from me? or would you feel think that's nice he tried to reach out? I know everyone is different, and there may be some preferences of wanting to be approached as opposed to being messaged. The thought really stems from having these ladies on my friends list, and knowing that I may never cross paths with them in the future..thus messaging them may be a way of getting to know them..or not haha. Ultimately, I want to meet someone with a similar attitude and outlook to life - which is the purpose of dating anyway. But what are your thoughts on facebook messaging? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    Ultimately, I want to meet someone with a similar attitude and outlook to life - which is the purpose of dating anyway. But what are your thoughts on facebook messaging? Thanks!!
    Then stop stalking old high school interests via the internet, and actually get involved in a club/organization that does things you enjoy. That is how you meet people who are simular to you.

That girl you use to talk to about homework, mutual friends, the team......is longer your classmate hence you no longer have a mutual environment/highschool stuff to discuss. Now you are no longer in school together you probably have very very little in common.

Won't hurt to try