+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is there still a chance for me??

is there still a chance for me??

so my girlfriend and i have been dating for around 5 months. we live 30min apart and we both have jobs and school so we usually plan stuff on the weekends to see each other. i would drive to her place Friday and leave monday morning. and she would often do the same coming to my place. she introduced me to her mother and father, and they approved of me. ive even met her best friends. everything was going great. we always did fun things on the weekends and there was never a boring day that we spent together. we fell in love pretty quickly after about 2 months of being together. im the second man she has ever slept with and dated and the first guy she has ever told that she loved. shes 20 im 22 .the last weekend we spent together was only one day because she had work and other priorities that got in the way of our time so we went to concert together and i ended up leaving on Saturday. after i left she had called me no more than an hour later and said that we should take a break. she said that every time she said that she loved me she didn't feel it anymore over the last week. her feelings just weren't the same, and that it wouldn't be fair to me to be with her when she doesn't feel the same way. i had called her the following day. and talked with her about why she doesnt feel the same and she said she didnt know. and that im the best thing thats ever happend to her. she said that the hardest thing about this is knowing that shes hurting me in the process. we both were crying on the phone talking to each other. she even said that she tried texting me less the prior week to see how that went for her =/ i was kind of shocked by that statement.. also that she had been thinking about ending it the prior weekend but wanted to hold on a bit longer she said that she finally knew she wanted it to be over when i asked to talk to her about why shes always on her phone texting while were together on the weekend and that i felt like she cared more about texting her friends than she did spending time with me. this wasnt an argument btw just us sitting down and talking together. we've never fought with eachother or yelled or ever had any confrontation between us.she had apologized and said that she knew she was on her phone too much that weekend and that she felt bad about it. after talking on the phone for about an hour finally we came to the conclusion that i would drive to her place to pick up some things i had left at her house 2 weeks after our talk on the phone. during that time she said she didnt want any contact until then so she can think. i sent her one text the following day telling her that i understand she needs her space and that im going to give her all the time she needs and that im here for her. she replied saying "thanks for saying that and have a good week ill talk to you in 2 weeks" im now on day 3 of NC and when i meet up with her then im going to be the happy, funny charming guy she fell in love with when we first met. hoping this will work and talk with her and catch up over lunch or a walk. until then how do i know that she will be thinking about me and not using no contact to slowly get over me?? this all seems so sudden and out of the blue to me leaving me very confused O.o especially after meeting my parent the weekend before we split up!

Well, she's broken up with you and just using this "break" thing as a buffer because she feels bad for hurting you. It's what most people do when they feel bad about hurting another. The paradox is that by doing this she's just prolonging your hope and not allowing you to actually get started on acceptance that its over, which, of course is the first step to you healing so that you can be open in heart and mind to meet someone who may just end up being your LIFEmate.

Don't use the two weeks hoping for a reconciliation. Instead use it to keep yourself busy with your friends, your hobbies and other pastimes. I'd tell you to send a friend to get your stuff and not even bother seeing her again because that would be the best thing for you to do for your own emotional health. But, I won't tell you that because I know you'll not do it.

You'll be fine in time, how you use that time and with acceptance.

Be well soon, kayrussify.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion