+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lost all hope. Feel like giving up

Lost all hope. Feel like giving up

Over the last 2 months I've been rejected 6 different times. It started when I got rejected by the girl I has been seeing for about a month. She told me she didn't feel a romantic feeling, just friends. That hurt, I really liked her, but I picked up the pieces and moved on relatively quick.

I met a girl at my university, made plans to get lunch then the day of she stopped replying and didn't show up.

An almost similar thing happened with a girl I actually met that day, we made plan for that weekend but just stopped replying.

I then asked out a girl at the gym, never had contact with her before but figured I'd try, she respectfully said no.

At this point I was pretty down on myself, little did I know it was about to get way worse. At the beginning of this month I took a chance and asked out a girl from a class last semester and she said yes. We actually went on 2 dates and clicked, as early as it was I was developing feelings for her, things really just felt right. It was like she was who I was waiting for my whole life. But when scheduling a 3rd date we saw we couldn't see each other for 3 weeks, I got scared she was going to forget about me and pushed her away. It was my fault and I've agonized over what could have been.

Then just recently, this girl who I've had a crush on since the beginning of the semester reached out to start working together on school work. This had led to me and her exchanging text and snapchats, me walking her to her car after class etc. We were supposed to meet up at this function yesterday but she couldn't make it. I was going to tell her how I felt then, but i ended up texting it. She hasn't replied since, even though she read it last night and has posted on social media.

I have no hope or confidence in myself anymore. I don't feel good enough. It's easy to say they aren't the right ones, but time and time again this happens to me. I just want to find a special someone. I've been alone for the better part of 2 years now and it's really getting to me. I guess I shouldn't go for the girls I like, I'm not good enough for them.

Well, seems like you've really gone fishing there. Women sometimes have spidey senses that tell them if their the only ones being pursued and if their not, they tend to some times back off.
    Then you backed off.
    Then you texted someone how you felt rather than doing it face to face.
    Now your down. Saying things like "i'm not good enough" which is your own personal opinion and could be complete baloney.
    Buck up. Chin up; confidence. Get some.
    Do you know how long some people wait for their match? A v e r y loooooong time. Your young. Go have some fun and for goodness sake, i'll say it again, 'confidence' Very important.

Woody, dispensing the awesomely good advice yet again. Somehow, my friend, you and I always seem to find each other in the same threads, and we always seem to echo very similar sentiments.

Pinking, trust me, I KNOW how hard this can be from experience.... but don't give up. Honest to God, I know just how you feel. I'm there right now myself. It is SO hard right now for me not to give in to the monster inside. I really don't have any "prospects," so to speak, in my day to day life, so I've tried the online dating thing here and there. And, I gotta tell you, I am getting SO f'ing sick of getting absolutely no response from anybody I try to contact. Granted, I'm no cocky jerkwad who thinks everybody should contact me. That's just the way these things go. But when nobody does I get so sick of trying. I'm happy with myself. That wasn't always the case in my life. So it is so hard not to think I am better off just being happy in myself then I am to be treated like garbage everywhere I go and risk falling back into the darkness that once consumed me.

So, I know how you are feeling right now. The thing is, it is the sort of thing where if you don't play the game, you'll never win. God, it has been such a struggle for me not to just stop trying. It feels so much easier to just give in to being happy being alone. But you can't do that and neither should I. There is somebody out there waiting for us both. I may not believe it right now, you may not believe it right now, but if we don't try we will never know.

As Woody said, there are definitely a few tangible things you can do to help your situation. Again, for example, telling somebody you are interested in them in that way should be something you do face to face. Also, as for the girl you pushed away, it sounds to me like you know this now, but that was definitely a mistake. Sometimes life gets busy. I know it can be hard not to give in to the doubt, thinking if she can go that long without seeing you that she must not care. Thinking you might as well end it before she hurts you. Heck, maybe she would have. But, it is just as likely that maybe you were both just very busy, which is often a very temporary situation. You've hopefully learned from that, though it stinks you had to learn from it the hard way.

Anyway, good luck my friend. As difficult as it can be, you have to just keep your chin up and keep trying. Here's hoping both you and I can continue to fight the good fight.

By Golly Jester man, your great.
    Never forget it.
    Live it, breath it, know it, own it.

hello beloved i think you should not give up there is an answer to your problem
    there is no problem you face today that does not have a solution.
    first you have to renew your mind about girls
    secondly what type of girl do you want?ask yourself
    thirdly i cant state so much i have written a book on these case and it has solved so many problem i know you would find the answer there
    its titled 'Dealing with rejection in relationships' its sold for only $10.
    order your copy now by mailing me here or email - [email]reco4bis@gmail.com[/email].

Thank you, Woody. It means enough to me to know that you believe it, whether I do or not. Though, admittedly, I have come a long way in life. I never used to have any self-esteem. So, the tiny, itty bitty little one I've discovered in myself in recent years is actually a big darn deal for me.

Sometimes feels like the world wants me to be a little more evil and a little less jester, though. But, blah blah blah. Everybody has problems.