+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Parents Are About To Pull The Plug

My Parents Are About To Pull The Plug

Okay everyone, this is serious. For those of you that don't know me that well, let me explain as fast as I can. I've always been well off with money. My parents worked hard when they were young, and I'm fortunate enough to live a comfortable life (at least until now).

I came home not too long ago, to visit my parents - and it looks like my dad is going to cut me off. He says he's sick and tired of me returning to school. I had a long talk with him recently, and he wants me to work. For some reason, I'm not that scared - but I think I will be soon.

He wants me to pay my own rent, my food expenses,, my gas, my electric, my cable bill - it's ****in' ridiculous! My parents give me an easy life, and now they pull the plug.

I guess my dad wants me to learn some responsibility. And some cocky side of me wants to prove to him - that I will make it.

I think I'm going to have to make some more sacrifices. I guess I better start looking for a Job. Any suggestions? I'll be going to school - so nothing to rough!

Also, any words of hope? I could do with all the advice. I guess I'm not going to be able to afford my current Rent - ****!

This is soooooooo Bull Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

good.

""""""]

HAHAHA

Great post. Glad to see you are finally going to join the world of adults. It's too bad your parents gave you 4 or 5 years of ****ing off after high school before they did it though.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Hey, misombre - for once, I actually agree with you! I think it is the missing ingredient to my life. I think I take life for granted - this is what I need. After this experience - I'll consider my self a man.

Besides, I'm 22 - it's time for me to take some responsibility - I want to prove to my self that I'm capable - plus - if I have any problems being independent - I always have the wonderful people of LF to help me out - well, I at least hope you all do give me some advice about the real world when I need it.

Well - it's still a long way to go - I'm gonna live off him for the next month - but until then - it's my turn to bring the bacon home!

Wish me luck!

BTW - how many of you guys 22 or younger work for yourself, and don't get money from parents (or don't even live with them)?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    HAHAHA

Great post. Glad to see you are finally going to join the world of adults. It's too bad your parents gave you 4 or 5 years of ****ing off after high school before they did it though.
    Hey, thanks cy - but for some very reason, I'm kind of excited - maybe this is the break that I need!

If they were smart they would give you a taste of reality - Give you 72 hours and then pack all your shit and leave it on the doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    If they were smart they would give you a taste of reality - Give you 72 hours and then pack all your shit and leave it on the doorstep.
    Whoa! That would suck! I really don't know what I'd do! I guess I'd take my car - but wait - my dad paid for it. If what you said actually happened - I'd be so fuct! I'd probably go to the hospital where I volunteer, and sleep there! Shit - now that I think about it - I really am a weak person.

I don't think my friends would want me bumming around there place. My friends are all ass wipes anyways - hopefully with this experience, I get to meat some hard working indegenous people.

Cy - you mentioned something in your previous post - the fact that my parents should have done this earlier. I couldn't agree with you more. I don't think I should blame them - but in some respects I do. I should be a responsible adult right now - but I'm far from it!

You'll be fine, RSK. I'm sure you are ready.

Oh, wow! Thanks shh! I'm definately very excited! Is there anyone else that is 22 or younger that are away in college, and also in a similar situation?

wow , im kinda surprised theyr doing that at your age LUCKY YOU! ...when i was 15 my parents told me they wouldnt buy me shit anymore except for christmas and my b-day . but i was working since i was 13 anyway (illegally , making like 40 $ per week for only 4 hours of work + lunch money = to 70$ per week ...but i used to STARVE during school just to keep the money) .

having a job is a step in life , you meet ppl (women) , you make friends of course theres the dough $$$
    Last edited by Late_vamp; 26-08-05 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    wow , im kinda surprised theyr doing that at your age LUCKY YOU! ...when i was 15 my parents told me they wouldnt buy me shit anymore except for christmas and my b-day . but i was working since i was 13 anyway (illegally , making like 40 $ per week for only 4 hours of work + lunch money = to 70$ per week ...but i used to STARVE during school just to keep the money) .

having a job is a step in life , you meet ppl (women) , you make friends of course theres the dough $$$
    Wow! I don't even think that's allowed. I'm really quite speechless. I really admire, and respect you allready. You are the prime example of what I am not. It's funny that you consider me lucky - because I don't.

It's that old adage - People want what they can't get - without appreciating what they allready have.

I want to have that feeling of success - I'm 22 - and still don't know what it feels like - I've never had a chance!

To my Dad, and my Great Grand Dad - you like the perfect kid (minus the underage work and starving part)

But trust me - there are A LOT of people that really respect you for having the kind of drive that you have. In a way - I envy you (I mean this in a good way).

lilwing89 Guest
    you know..your 22 you should atleast have a job now..and have some kind of money plan and plans for moving out and stuff..they prolly feel like you are gonna freeload off them til they croak..

i used to have a job but i quit because it just wouldnt work with my school schedule..and highschool IS more important than a job right now..when i did though my mom used to make me pay $5 for gas for every trip there..cause town is 15 miles away. now my brother (who is 15) has a really good job at the grocery store in town...im trying to get a job there(some people are quitting when school starts back up next week)
    so yea..
    atleast get a job dude! youll need the money!!

well , thank you for the compliment RSK , i haven't had one in weeks . you just made my day buddy .

I'm sure you'll do fine , but i would start looking for a job as soon as possible , sometimes they take months to call you if your available for the position. Usually , it will probably take you about 2 weeks after you leave your application for them to call you for an interview , Unless their desperate and they hire you on the spot(it happened to me , i showed up expecting a interview and ended up cutting pieces of meat the whole day, damn butchers LOL)

anyways , do you know some things about job interviews ...like what they expect as questions and tips how to go there ? you cant just go there with your jeans and runnings looking punkish or thugged out. (depends of where you work of course)

u could come work for me.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    u could come work for me.
    Power trip, Marqui!?

you've never had a job before? you're a lucky one, RSK ... I've had jobs since I was 11 (newspaper route)!! I still live at home ... technically, in an inlaw downstairs ... but I pay $300 to my parents just to help them out ... my own cell phone, car, cable, phone, clothes, food, etc ...

It'll be tough to support yourself with no prior job experience ... It'll be hard, but if you work hard at it, you'll do fine ... just budget yourself wisely ... I'd be more nervous than excited to leave, but then again, I'm sure you have siblings that take your place when you're away at school. You just have to earn your keep. Hopefully the cost of living isn't nearly as bad as SF, Calif. I only get paid $12/hr and it barely gets me by at times ... gotta ebay all my crap! haha

Although, I think your dad should've hinted this to you awhile ago like "You know when you're blah blah years old, I want you to start blah blah blah'ing." ...

but good luck ...
    Last edited by tooxshort; 26-08-05 at 12:32 PM.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast