View Poll Results: Is he attracted to me?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

0 0%
  • No way!

3 100.00%
  • Maybe?

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my professor attracted to me?

Is my professor attracted to me?

Hi there, my name is Crystal. I am relatively new to the concept of forums, so please don't be mean!
    I am currently in flight school and I am a student pilot. Faring quite well by CASA standards. I am quite inexperienced in the relationships department since I was never in a relationship, as I was the person to focus on my studies during my years of high school. I had, however, had my heart broken before after I was rejected abruptly during my confession in the past.
    However, recently, I have met the most gorgeous, kind, ambitious and intelligent man in my life. Too bad he is my professor/flight instructor. He was so different from other boys in my class that were silly, immature and looking for only one thing. Strange thing is, I have a strong gut feeling that he may feel the same for me. Are these signs that he may feel the same way for me or was I overthinking it?
    1. Today when he was explaining things in class, I kept a tally to how much he would look at me in a two hour period. 100 + (I did a tally) times in a two hour period. I played a little game with him. I would look at the board and out of my peripheral, I caught him. He lingered for a few seconds and looked away. I caught him so many times yet he kept making eye contact with me. He was looking me directly in the eyes. So if he was phasing out and saw me looking at him, assuming if he was not interested, he would not continuing giving eye contact to show he's not interested. He didn't do that. No mater where I sat, in the corner or in the crowd, he would look in my eyes just as much.

2. I moved really close to him. He did not Move away.

3. His body was facing me the entire time I was in class. He sat in the front right row yet he faced his body in my direction. I caught him staring at me and when someone was in our way, he even sat back into his seat so he could take a glimpse of me. He stood up tall when he was facing me and had his hands on his waists.

4. When I talked to him, his pupils were dilated even in a bright well lighted class.

5. I was in class talking to my friend, he tuned in immediately again and added to the conversation while he never did this to others.

6. I don't know if this is a coincident, but I always find him behind me when I walk to class on campus, no matter how early on late I may be.

7. I was in class talking to my friend, he tuned in immediately again and added to the conversation while he never did this to others.

So does he like me? If so, why won't he initiate conversation other than classwork?
    I am ONLY planning to ask him out or date him after the course ends so I would not be breaching the academic misconducts, so the grades won't be affected.

... No ...

He doesn't "like" you in the way you would like him to. If he did or he does then he'll ask you out at the end of your school year with him. It's very unlikely that he can date a student so stop your OCD thinking on him and find a guy who can date you now and will let you know that he likes you by actually asking you out.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Um, it's not the end of the term yet. We still have one month to go before exams are fully marked. And so far, I had not given him any signs that I was interested.

OCD? I had 10 people approaching me saying that he was staring me a lot and why. I guess there are some rude people here.
    Last edited by MsAviator; 19-10-14 at 06:05 PM.

You think "rude" just because there is zero indication in what you write that he's into you and so I don't tell you what you want to hear?

lmao.

Obviously you don't believe the 10 people because if you did, you'd have no reason to come to a forum board full of strangers and keep asking if he likes you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Maybe he's staring at you because your acting strange and always staring at him too.

No he doesn't like you. Quit making things weird.

Who even counts how many people flatter you by telling you what you obviously want to hear? Tallies and counts, all signs of OCD.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

He winked at me today he he These are not up to amateurs to decide. My aviation doctor and psychologists said I am perfectly fine.

- - - Updated - - -

He winked at me today!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purple_roses View Post
    Maybe he's staring at you because your acting strange and always staring at him too.

No he doesn't like you. Quit making things weird.
    It is [[You're]] weird. And English isn't my first language, buddy. And I you're supposed to stare when he is explaining stuff to the class. I believe the 10 people. I came here for confirmation. Since you are saying he isn't interested, GIVE ME reasons why he does not feel the same way. No good thesis? I thought so. Behind an anonymous identity and real life profile picture, anyone can be nasty or jealous.

This isn't a forum that is for advice. This is where people get torn apart with degrading comments with little to no thesis and you're assumed a "troll".
    Last edited by MsAviator; 20-10-14 at 09:26 PM.

So you keep coming up with every reason to believe you're in the right...What are you doing on this forum, then? Assuming any if all of what you say is true, sounds like a real ego problem. But I really doubt that it's true. Still, you are fixed in your mind set and nothing anyone can say here sounds like it'll be of any use to you. I guess you like bragging and/or wasting your time.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

It depends; how old is he? For example - I had tutors who were not much older than me, then I had professors who are in their 50's or over. Are they rules in your educational institution that prevent or penalise relationships between teachers/students? How much does he know about you? Other than you being a student in his class? I'm guessing aviation is a male-dominated industry so maybe you're right...either way, I wouldn't do anything that could jeopardise your education (or his career).

I wouldn't worry about if he is or isn't, you can't act on it until he is no longer a teacher teaching, instructing you as you said above, so wait until then and ask him to go for coffee. Do you know if he is even single?

Quote Originally Posted by MsAviator View Post
    He winked at me today he he These are not up to amateurs to decide. My aviation doctor and psychologists said I am perfectly fine.
    Well, that explains a lot then.

- - - Updated - - -

He winked at me today!
    well then, it love for suuuuuuuure!

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the 10 people. I came here for confirmation.
    So far none of us are giving it.
    Since you are saying he isn't interested, GIVE ME reasons why he does not feel the same way.
    Because you're a little girl who has some issues with narcissism and he's quite aware of that I'd say.

No good thesis? I thought so. Behind an anonymous identity and real life profile picture, anyone can be nasty or jealous.
    ... and there are those narcissistic tendencies rearing its symptoms again.

This isn't a forum that is for advice. This is where people get torn apart with degrading comments with little to no thesis and you're assumed a "troll".
    There were NO degrading comments prior to your own being slung about. Simply people telling in words and through your own poll that we did not see anywhere in your opening post that indicated he liked you in anyway romantically. He was simply giving a lecture and you projected your own crush feelings as being his as well... No evidence of reciprocation though. Sorry.