+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys, do you look at ugly girls?

Guys, do you look at ugly girls?

Today when he was explaining things in class, I kept a tally to how much he would look at me in a two hour period. 100 + (I did a tally) times in a two hour period. I played a little game with him. I would look at the board and out of my peripheral, I caught him. He lingered for a few seconds and looked away. I caught him so many times yet he kept making eye contact with me. He was looking me directly in the eyes. So if he was phasing out and saw me looking at him, assuming if he was not interested, he would not continuing giving eye contact to show he's not interested. He didn't do that. My friends are even starting to notice too.

Does he like me? And if you guys were caught "staring" (when you were just phasing out, etc) at a girl you are completely disinterested in, would you keep looking at her and give her the wrong idea or not?

Define ugly.

Also, no. Except maybe a look or two to see if her face has changed after a while. Otherwise there is no point.

same as archie, what is ugly to one person isn't to another, and would your teacher be openly staring at you in a lingering way during class? maybe he was making eye contact because he noticed what you were doing and was trying to figure you out.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

He wouldn't do that 100 times lol, I doubt any professor, if they got that vibe would try to mislead or give their students the wrong message.

The fact that you tallied it speaks volumes about obsession. Obsession is unhealthy...
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Mutual obsession? We don't even stalk each other. Fact is the class list does not even contain photos (And my ID photo is completely different from what I look like in RL) and he already knows what my name is.

So what if he does? There's many reasons he might know but it sounds like you desperately want him to be attracted to you and now you're trying to tie facts together to fit your desire.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

No I don't. From my profile picture, as you can see, I am intelligemt and pretty. I am heavily sorted after and get many attention from males and females alike. I am not obsessed if my classmates came up to me and told me about this. Not all girls that are in the same position as me are deluded, stupid, giggly airheads.

- - - Updated - - -

I am curious as this had happened with my calculus professor before but I did not continue to pursue him as he was only looking for one thing.

Looking at your profile picture, which is something I did out of the ordinary, you look OK. I can see why someone would look at you and thus my next conclusion - your title is misleading. Also he's your teacher?... x.x
    Well, it's not news that male teachers tend to look at their students (girls). If he likes you, he would likely dedicate more attention to you than the rest of your group.
    Last edited by Archie; 20-10-14 at 05:14 AM.

Well you can keep being narcissistic all you want and imagine every male who looks at you desires you. Good luck!

He's not my teacher. He's my flight instructor via ground school. Ego comes as a package in aviation For us pilots.

He's interested in you. And you're probably not that ugly. Girls are often way too hard on themselves. Just because magazines are filled with beautiful models does not mean all guys want that in real life.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

It's all about what is projected out from the inside. Got the light, then you've got it. Real uncompromising true beauty takes form in all shapes and sizes and is undeniable.

If you've got confidence (which as you say is a prerequisite to aviation) well, there you go. Stay bright, fly on and pay attention in class for one day, you'll be responsible for people safety so while yes, very cool there's some romance in the air, staying in the air and landing safely must take precedence.

Oh yes, congrats btw. Right flippin on future pilot.
    Last edited by woody; 08-11-14 at 06:49 AM.