+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She needs time. need help

She needs time. need help

So my girlfriend dumped me 1 month ago after me making a big mistake (not cheating)ago and since then we've met twice. in the last one which was yesterday I told her i really like her and want us to be together again.. What she said was that she is happy to hear that and she likes me too but she was turned off a lot by the break up and she needs time (just a few days) to think if she wants to be in a relationship generally (but said its ok to keep in touch)...
    So what should I do? Should i initiate the no contact until she decides or continue being in touch with her? What do you think are the chances?

If she says it's ok to keep in touch, you may keep in touch with her like asking how's she's doing but I dont think it would be a good idea to bring out topics like getting back together. Just be there for her, listen to her but don't be clingy.

Quote Originally Posted by toinfinity View Post
    If she says it's ok to keep in touch, you may keep in touch with her like asking how's she's doing but I dont think it would be a good idea to bring out topics like getting back together. Just be there for her, listen to her but don't be clingy.
    Yeah thats what im thinking too. You think I got a chance?

Honestly, I think she's being smart about it. She obviously still has feelings for you, but she's not a fool with her heart, either; she wants to be sure that what ever decision she makes regarding you is one that is contemplated and well thought-out before she just jumps back into things. I think she's going about this in a mature manner. Give her 3-4 days of no contact; but in the meantime, plan something you're going to do, and invite her along in a few days...make sure whatever you plan is something she'll enjoy. Maybe invite a friend, and tell her to invite a friend so she doesn't feel pressured as if it's a date. This way, you two will be able to enjoy your time together without the awkwardness of, "So...are we back together? What is this?" It'll break the ice for that conversation down the road. GOOD LUCK!