+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I contact her again?

Should I contact her again?

I hang out with a girl several times. She showed me good of signs of interests. Each time at the end of the hang out, she told me to call her again. Last week I invited her again. But this time no reply upto now.

Do you think it makes sense to message her again or would that seem too deperate?

Did you CALL her or did you text her the invite?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Did you CALL her or did you text her the invite?
    I e-mailed her.

Don't take "call" too literally. She said "Give me a shout"/ "Let me hear something from you."

Call her the next time and leave a voice message invite.

^^^ yes, that way you'll know she actually got it. Then after that if she doesn't respond... Eff her and the horse she rode in on... pfffft. Better fish in the sea then someone who is too much of a beeeotch to even return your call.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thanks for your answers. So, I called her. She said she couldn't reply because at that time she will be probably in vacation already, therefore she would want to either reschedule the date or find another event. (I asked her to go with me to an event that will take place over one month from now)

Does that mean she's got low interest? I mean a girl who is really interested would
    1st reply right away
    2nd would accept any invitation and wouldn't want to reschedule, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mista006 View Post
    Thanks for your answers. So, I called her. She said she couldn't reply because at that time she will be probably in vacation already, therefore she would want to either reschedule the date or find another event. (I asked her to go with me to an event that will take place over one month from now)

Does that mean she's got low interest? I mean a girl who is really interested would
    1st reply right away
    2nd would accept any invitation and wouldn't want to reschedule, right?
    Why would you ask her to go out with you in a month from now? You should have asked her out for something this week or at the latest next week (drinks/dinner/movie) anything and then if things go well, then invite her to the thing one month away.

Any reason why you just didn't invite her out to something that you could do now?

Any reason why you just didn't invite her out to something that you could do now?
    We hang out a lot recently. It would be the 7th date like hang out. The last hang outs were always similar so I wanted to do something new and it fits to the season (I invited her to go on a Christmas market). Also I want to plan ahead to make sure she's got time for me.
    Last edited by mista006; 24-10-14 at 06:37 PM.

Ask her again one week before the event takes place. In the meantime, don't even look her way. If she tell you "no" again then forget her altogether. As you wait for the event to draw nearer, ask out other girls. Maybe if you meet someone else that's interesting you'll forget this one.

Ask them out on a real date early and don't act like you're just platonic friends, make it known soon that you are interested in them romantically by holding their hand and if it seems right... kissing them. If they don't want what you want then dump them and don't hang out as a friend zoned broken spirit... it's not in your best interests to keep someone in your life as a buddy when you want to be a boyfriend to them.

Ask her again one week before the event takes place.
    Today she replied back saying a lot of stuffs have going on at work. She apologize for being late at replying and said that my suggestion about the christmas market is an awesome idea. She said I should offer her a specific date to hang out when she comes back from vacation.

In the meantime, don't even look her way.
    Why? You mean I should play games?
    If she tell you "no" again then forget her altogether.
    She actually hasn't said "no" to me before. She accepted every other invitations.
    Ask them out on a real date early and don't act like you're just platonic friends, make it known soon that you are interested in them romantically by holding their hand and if it seems right... kissing them. If they don't want what you want then dump them and don't hang out as a friend zoned broken spirit...
    I thought girls don't like guys to be so straightforward. Touching and kissing at the very first date already?

I think she knows I like her anyway. She once caught me looking at her breasts. Instead of getting mad, she showed me her broadest smile.
    it's not in your best interests to keep someone in your life as a buddy when you want to be a boyfriend to them.
    Honestly saying, even if she doesn't like me romantically, I'd still want to be friends with her. She helped me a lot in the past even though she didn't have to. She didn't have time but still she offered me her support. Even if I'd lose her as a girlfriend, I'd still have her as a good friend.

Carry on then. You're the one that came here wondering. Just let her play it the way she wants and you follow her around then. Hopefully that will work out the way you like.

Good luck.

Just an a-side: No women don't get mad if a man shows some kind of an advance to let us know that he finds us attractive and wants to be more then just a platonic friend. I'm not talking throwing her down on the ground and having your way with her. A holding of the hand, a hand on the lower back to lead the way, a nice good night kiss that is short but clear of intentions isn't unwanted by those that want more then a male girlfriend.

Also: I'm not implying you should play games by "not looking her way" until she contacts you either. Its what you should be doing if she's not putting in any effort. To continue to keep doing all the initiating is something you shouldn't keep doing. It reeks of desperation. To settle to be her buddy when you want to be her boyfriend is ridiculous co-dependency and will stagnate you from finding a real girlfriend of the romantic kind... when you do, she'll likely not want you hanging out alone with your female friend.

She's contacted you, so there you go when you're with her, make it known you like her romantically through your romantic actions such as mentioned above.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 25-10-14 at 03:39 PM.

Dude!!..next month??? LIKE SERIOUSLY????

You guys have hung like 7 times already.....have you closed the deal? like a real kiss, holding hands, being a little assertive?

Keep digging yourself deeper into your own created friend-zone

yes leave a vm. I agree