+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Thoughts on keeping guy friends around while engaged?

Thoughts on keeping guy friends around while engaged?

I have always had guy friends. Recently got engaged. What are your opinions about keeping guy friends around for going out dinner, hanging out, etc.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Do you have to keep them around for special reasons, or can't they just be friends like your girlfriends are, no different only a different gender. Is alright if your fiance isn't against some of your male friends, your loyalty is now to him, imo, why upset him, and you can ask the same of him with any female friends he may have you worry about too. I think if you never kissed or had sex with any of your male friends he won't mind, if he isn't too possessive.

Did you get Exeter19's and woody's mention to you, sent for the Nosey member game? I recall your name being listed in the thread.

You say that you have just got engaged so what did your partner think about you seeing your guy friends when you were dating? If it was okay then it should be okay now.

If on the other hand you didn't see your guy friends when you and your fiancee were dating that may be cause for concern and you may make your fiancee feel vulnerable. He needs to know that he is the only one for you and may feel threatened when other guys (even tho just friends) appear on the scene. If you want to keep your guy friends, why can't you go out in a group? It would seem weird to me to be going out with someone of the opposite sex once you were married.

Did your parents arrange your marriage to this man?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I dont believe men and women can be close friends without at least one of them crossing a boundary at some point. I think its fine to have male friends that you hang out with in groups or with your partner but not alone. If your arranging dinner or drinks etc its more like a date and thats crossing a line when your in a committed relationship
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".