+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does my girlfriend constantly tell me that guys are complimenting her?

Why does my girlfriend constantly tell me that guys are complimenting her?

Every chance she has she says something like "A guy just told me I'm hot".

Like, yesterday I asked if she liked roses. She said that her male friend gave roses to her and told her that he loved her. But in the end she told him they were just friends.

She's always telling me stuff like that.

Why's she doing that? Our relationship is new (we're together for 1 month and a few days). Any ideas?

Please help me understand the female mind.

I don't feel any need to tell her when/how/why someone flirted with me.

Just say nicely with a smile:

" hey do you mind not telling me those things? It's rather a turn off for me and I feel it's really unnecessary because you're my girl and I think you're the hottest in the world"

Or something like that ....

Tell her that and come back with her response.

She's just seeing you're reaction. Give her what she's looking for by standing up for yourself without being a douche about it and you're golden.
    Last edited by surfhb; 24-10-14 at 09:28 AM.

Did you say: "Does that mean you DO or you DON'T like roses?"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Lectus View Post
    Please help me understand the female mind.
    What mind?

Ba-zing!!!
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

I can speak from my own experience in doing things like that and I was doing it to keep him on his p's and q's. As women we feel that if our man thinks or knows we are wanted by other people they are more likely to treat us better from fear of losing us to another man.

Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    I can speak from my own experience in doing things like that and I was doing it to keep him on his p's and q's. As women we feel that if our man thinks or knows we are wanted by other people they are more likely to treat us better from fear of losing us to another man.
    I've enough self-worth to know that trying to make a guy jealous in order to keep him isn't a strategy that I should be taking. I think only insecure girls play that shit test.

As you can see by the Op's feelings on the subject... it's NOT something that he felt "keeps him on his p's and q's but only confuses him and he wonders why TF she does it.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

She is playing games, and like Wakeup said 'insecure' people play those games. She wants to make sure you know she is well sought after by other men and you are not her only option, I'd question if she even loves you if she keeps doing this to you. Also she is selfish and only cares about making herself feel good by making you feel bad.

Doesn't work with me.

I've actually became more cautious to not give away my heart too much. I was thinking like "I don't know if I should really trust her. She needs to prove her love now.".

She does it because she's a game player
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Omg, she sounds extremely immature. I have female friends who do this to their boyfriends in an attempt to make them jealous, or to remind them, "Look at all these guys chasing me. You should feel lucky to be with me". It's a stupid manipulation tactic, usually performed by a woman who actually doesn't have high self-esteem and needs constant reassurance that she's physically attractive because there's really just not much going on inside her brain. Women who lack social intelligence, academic intelligence, and confidence pull this "guys hit on me all the time" routine in order to make themselves feel better about themselves. She's telling you because you're the main man in her life, and she wants to manipulate you into "realizing" what a "catch" you have; when really, you sound like you have the most annoying girlfriend ever--and one of the most manipulative. Honestly, I'd re-think this relationship. All of my female friends who do this crap to their significant others usually end up cheating anyway, since they're so insecure that their need for reassurance often leads them into making stupid decisions just to get that approval.

I'll think long and hard about such a woman.

Such a girl would hop on a different d*ck faster than you can say her name.
    50 bucks she rides someone else when you guys have your first disagreement.

Yes to the insecure thing however, if she's fishing for compliments perhaps she feels she's not getting enough compliments from you ?? idk. Do you tell her how nice she looks once and awhile? If you do and she still goes out of her way to inform you of others attentions, well, somethings wrong with her then if her need for attention is insatiable, there is little you could do aside from moving on and wishing her well. Yet if your gobsmacked in like with her and this is an isolated issue of weirdness, you could always just talk to her about it and tell her it turns you off when she does this.

For her to consistently tell you those things is just plain stupid, and immature.

Re think this relationship fast!
    I LOVE ... US

And they say women are irrational...
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

This is a very high school relationship, by the sounds of it.

Regardless of if you end it now or not, this one won't last.

I know that's not really advice. It's tough for me to give relationship advice when BOTH parties sound pretty immature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast