+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there a potential for a loving relationship or not?

Is there a potential for a loving relationship or not?

Hi i've been going crazy these past few days just thinking about this. Here's my story I met this guy while I was on a mini-vacation in Vegas. I went clubbing and met this guy named John (psedonym) he's a Resident doctor in Phoenix Arizona and i'm a flight attendant from a foreign country so i was just there for a short stay. We exchanged numbers and he was consistent in a way that he would text me through viber every other day or sometimes everyday or every 3 days it depends coz he has a crazy schedule being a resident doctor and all. Our conversations were pleasant but not really deep but i felt like he was a nice guy...idk it's probably intuition. Although, our convos can get pretty sexual and would lead to sexting. Anyway, we arranged for a meet up just this month, so prior to that we've been talking for a little over 2 months. I had so many doubts and I sort of freaked out on him through viber telling him that I don't think it's wise to meet up and spend time with someone I barely knew but I took a risk and he did too. He flew from Arizona to San Fo and we spent the weekend together at first I was very apprehensive but he had his ways of making me feel at ease and comfortable. It was refreshing coz we were able to talk about ourselves more he seemed fairly interested in me asking me personal questions and stuff about me and it surprised me that he rememebered the little details we talked about on viber in short our convos were way different from the ones we had through viber. Anyway, things escalated quickly coz the attraction between the 2 of us was undeniable..we had amazing sex and couldn't get our hands of each other. He took me to a nice resort took me out for dinner, we strolled by the beach had lunch there. We talked about a lot of stuff..had some things in common..everything felt genuine and good. During the course of our time together he was honest enough to mention some issues about us: FIRST of all, I live far away, second of all I'm not Arab (it is an issue for his family)..he has Arab roots although he is not a Muslim. We're both Christians so there's no problem with that, as he verbalized this i fell silent and i just listened to what he had to say he could've sensed that i was quiet affected by this and said that, "But you know if you really like someone, you'll do anything to make it work..i don't know."
    After that great weekend I felt attached in some sort of way..maybe it's the hormones that were released during sex, maybe because he's a really nice guy who i can see myself with or maybe I just miss having someone taking care of me making me feel special i've been single for 3 yrs btw and still am. We had a great time together. We laughed we shared our goals our dreams. We had a good connection.

But after that weekend i noticed he seemed distant and a bit different..though he's on night shift right now and is really busy..he used to be the one to message me first..so what i did was I gave him space and the first time he contacted me first was 4 days after our weekend together and it just led to sexting.

So my question is this guy interested in me in a way that it's possible for him to pursue a loving relationship with me or is he just physically attracted to me and enjoys my company but he doesn't seem to have long term plans? Or is it too early to tell?

I mean why spend so much on a plane ticket a car rental a resort nice restos and stuff just to get intimate with a girl who lives on the other side of the world if you have no plans of pursuing her?

I'm very confused right now and there's a big career opportunity for me coming this early 2015 and I have an option of going on leave from flying either for a year or 2 months. If i go on leave for a year i'd be able to finish this course really fast but if its jst for 2 months i'd have to squeeze it in my days off from flying. The reason why i'm sharing this is because if I go on leave for a year I won't be able to fly to the States and possibly spend time with him but if i go on a short leave i'd still be able to see him..well that's if we're still talking by then.. everything's still fresh, new and uncertain. I don't know if it's wise to include him in my Career plans at this very early stage or should I just go with the better career option on go on leave for a year? What if he wss the one? What if..I have so many what ifs..Idk what to do...your opinions are highly appreciated. Thank you

Here's a thought: how about you talk with him?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It's too early to tell; you haven't spent any significant amount of time together. Although, the diminishing of communication post-sleeping together is not the greatest sign.

He already made it clear that he doesn't see you as a potential partner.

If you still have doubts, call him and ask specifically.