I am friends with this guy whom i really like. He is quite good looking and charming. And we are good friends. But he is super weird. And maintains low profile and is somewhat introvert. Has a select group of friends.

He is sad, upset, serious and reserved on one side. Reads books. Is intellectual.
His friends say he should smile more and how he does not smile much.

His mother died when he was in college (out of state) so he is pretty sensitive on that issue, and on mention of his mother, he gets sad and his voice starts getting choked.

He told me that when he was with his mother, he did not how to express or show his love but when she left, he wants to tell her how much he loves her and how much he misses her.

People say that he is often lost in his own world even when surrounded by people. He looks preoccupied and tensed most of the time. I ve noticed that too. His expressions and moods change within seconds. One moment he can be smiling and joyful and the next moment, serious.

But on the other side he is attention seeking and loves to bring attention to himself. He loves to show off what he is proud of or what he loves. He knows he is good looking and loves himself and his looks.

He is also very ambitious. Wants to be one of the best in his field. And has gathered lots of portfolios and keeps a record of all his past & present work.
He loves himself and how he looks.

He is usually reserved towards women, maintains professional relationship (theatre actor) with his female colleagues, acts decently with his female friends but whenever he encounters women who are drooling over him or giving him attention, he starts flirting and enjoys all the attention immensely.

He takes pics with them rather closely, gives hugs to them and acts very charming towards them.

The weird part is that whenever girls try to get close to him, he lies to them saying he is married (HES NOT) . Or that he is not single. He is single but I dont know why he makes up these silly stories. He should just say, he is single but has no time for anyone. But he chooses this route. But he loves flirting with them and loves the attention.

He has the really bad habit of staying up till 1-2am, surfing the net, reading fans messages on twitter, Facebook or simply chatting with god knows whom. Every night he has the same routine.

He played the role of a very tragic character (who struggled all throughout his life, faced miseries, was humiliated by everyone except a few people and was abandoned by his real mother but raised by adoptive mother and who finally died in the end and somewhat resembles him) in his show and started relating to him.
He grew so attached to his character that when his death sequence approached, he became very upset and sad.

It took him at least 3-4 days to come out of the shell, that the shooting was over and he will no longer play the character any more.

Even today, he always says he loves the character and it will keep inspiring him. In the beginning, he did not have much attachment towards the character but slowly he developed feelings for the character.

I don't get this guy. I like him a lot but i cannot understand him. What type of man is he?
I want to date him but I just cannot understand who is the REAL him. The attention seeker/flirty one or the workaholic one or the sad and serious one?
What kind of personality has he got?