+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Utterly confused about my situation, girls please help me understand.

Utterly confused about my situation, girls please help me understand.

Ok, here it goes.

I've been single for about 4 years now and haven't really bothered with relationships and I've been fine with that. I just wasn't meeting anyone who would make my heart beat like crazy. Recently I was on holiday in Slovakia (I'm slovakian but live in the UK) and I met a girl. She is also Slovakian, but like me, she also lives in the UK. We went out one time, had some food, few drinks, then we parted ways.

It was a great day, we both had a really good time. We just got on. After our meeting we were chatting and I started to fall for this girl. I told her how I felt, because I don't like beating around the bush. She said "she's not ready to date, she wants to get her life sorted out, find a new job, move etc". To which I said fair play, good luck.

Now here's the kicker. We've carried on chatting and she is flirtatious with me, we can talk about anything, too. She keeps saying I look good, she keeps saying things "you're the only person I can talk to about certain things, you're the only person that has similar opinions as me, and the only person she feels like she can take advice from". She also said that you never know what will happen in the future but right now, she doesn't want a boyfriend. Then I explained to her that I'm totally confused about what she wants from me. She said she wants to get to know me better.

I'm completely confused. I don't know what she wants from me and I don't know what I should do. She's been single for 2 years now, if this helps.

Do I just move on? I can't be friends with someone I have feelings for, no chance. It's beginning to hurt a little and I don't want to feel like this.

Oh, one more thing. We agreed on meeting up when she's back in the UK in a couple of weeks, she keeps saying she's excited and can't wait to see me etc.

It's a massive headf*ck and I don't understand any of it.

Help please???

She made herself clear.....she just wants to date and get to know you.

Take it slow, date other people too. Who knows what will happen? It just might end up well

thanks for the positive reply and I wish it was as easy as that. but if someone doesn't want me for what I am now, I'm not going to hang around. The problem is I have real feelings for this girl, for the first time in a long time she's someone that makes me think of her every minute.

But I'm not going to wait to see what happens. it's just too painful. I messaged her today saying I can't be her friend because i have feelings. I wished her the best of luck and said hopefully she'll find someone amazing when she's ready to date.

I only want the best for her and atm it's not me. I'll get over that. with time.