+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help! Dirty minded people:(

Help! Dirty minded people:(

This makes me really hurt and angry.
    It happens often, me and my dad are walking down the street and young people (late teens-20s) yell/say as we're walking past really inappropriate thing at us.
    they assume we're age gap couple,or Im a prostitute.
    "how much did you pay for her?" "go out with someone your own age!" "that's gross!"
    and they make a dirt face and really glare at us like they hate us.
    it's absolutely terrible.
    I think it's cause he is/looks much older than what people would presume how my dad would look like.
    When someone's mind is dirty they'll assume dirty things. it's disgraceful.
    this especially happens if I'm laughing and talking with my dad and holding his arm.I try not to do that now.

how should I react to all this? It's so embarrasing and hurtful.
    I don't really care if I get hurt but it makes my blood boil when somebody hurts my dad's feelings.

Would your FAther object to a sturdy "F__ off" response from you when these little buggers do this?

I'm sure there are many creative ways to suggest these wankers go grow a spine.

I wouldn't allow their mean comments to deter you from holding your Dad's arm or else, you know, your letting them win..

good luck
    woody=trees

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you just let your father do the responding?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yeah, might be a better approach if your Dad's the one who gives what for.

O.p, there's allot of pricks out there but don't let them bug you too much. Too many good people to allow the others to weigh down on you.

You know who you are, your his daughter. Hold your head high and walk proud.

Agreed. Your Dad should give them a stern comment. Something to the effect of "I'm her father you @$$hole!" Or you could make a similar comment if you so desire. That would shut most people up as they'd be embarrassed for being such a moron. Don't let scumbags like that change how you live your life. He's your father. You should be able to laugh with him, hold his arm, hug him, or whatever.

If all else fails, you could hire me to kill them. I'm taking offers. I need some new "friends" to add to my "collection."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm actually kind of surprised that you find it necessary to say anything at all. If I had this kind of commentary when walking with my son, he wouldn't have the opportunity to respond before I did.

Actually, I find the whole thing a bit strange. My daughter said she's never had this happen to her when she is out with her father. Are you two unusually affectionate? Are you dressed in clothing that might make one question your line of work?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

There's allot of pricks out there but don't let them bug you too much. Too many good people to allow the others to weigh down on you.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqqCJYcABY]Does My Ex Still Love Me[/url]

Are you telling us the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

It's never happened to me...and my dad looks like my grandfather because of his white hair etc. But then, I don't hold my dads hand or wear fish-net stockings...

Tell them to fck off pervs he's my dad. Embarrass them back. Don't know what else to tell you, sorry.

Well, hey! Look at that. My good buddy woody got the moneyspills parrot treatment as well. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Would your FAther object to a sturdy "F__ off" response from you when these little buggers do this?

I'm sure there are many creative ways to suggest these wankers go grow a spine.

I wouldn't allow their mean comments to deter you from holding your Dad's arm or else, you know, your letting them win..

good luck
    woody=trees
    I agree with you. People are rude for no reason to strangers more and more these days, stand up and let others know it is not acceptable behavior or comments, it is sad you know feel you have to change how you and your dad get along because of strangers.

Thank you for all your replies. I appreciate it.
    yes,I should say something back from now on.
    when it happens I'm not brave enough to shout something back and the moment passses..
    but I'll definitely say something next time!
    even if it's just "he's my dad,actually!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TablesandChairs View Post
    It's never happened to me...and my dad looks like my grandfather because of his white hair etc. But then, I don't hold my dads hand or wear fish-net stockings...
    I don't hold my dads hand or wear fish-net stockings either,how dare you!

I also have to say that I personally can't understand why somebody's FIRST assumption wouldn't be that you were father and daughter. Why the Hell would their first impression be that you are a couple? I think if I saw two people together of that much of an age difference, without evidence to the contrary, my assumption would be that they are father and daughter. What kind of weirdo jumps right to the conclusion that you are a couple?
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 05-11-14 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna_L View Post
    Thank you for all your replies. I appreciate it.
    yes,I should say something back from now on.
    when it happens I'm not brave enough to shout something back and the moment passses..
    but I'll definitely say something next time!
    even if it's just "he's my dad,actually!"
    Hopefully it doesn't happen again but if it does definitely feel empowered to speak up, or dad to speak up as well.