+ Follow This Topic

Thread: help quick! topics for first-date conversations?

help quick! topics for first-date conversations?

Hello!
    My crush since months back invited me on a date tomorrow and we are both shy so i'm afraid it will be awkward silences, what are some good topics we can talk about??
    He's shy but not as much as me cause I also have social anxiety problems which i'm pretty sure he doesn't and i'm soooo nervous.We're going to see a movie togheter but we need things to talk about both before and after the movie at least! If I don't know what to talk about I will just be quiet because that's how I usually am and then I will **** it up and nothing more will happen between us.
    It's a miracle that he's even acknowledge my existence at all so I really can't **** this up.Oh an any advice on what I can do to be less nervous? thanks a lot in advance.

What do you do for fun? You could see if he's compatible and likes those things too.
    What hobbies do you have that you could tell him about?
    Talk about school or what you do for a living.
    Discuss the type of music you like and your favorite music artist.
    What happened during your day that was interesting?
    You might even mention your social anxiety and how you're nervous.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

After the movie is easy, discuss the movie. Have a fun time on your date.

A first date helps you judge the person you’re meeting, and evaluate them as a dating potential over the long term.

There are a few people who always find it very easy to impress all their dates, all the time.

On the other hand, there are a few other people who always seem to fail miserably at making a great first impression no matter how hard they try.

Ever wondered what it takes to impress someone within the first few minutes?

xivixi.com

Do you have any hobbies you feel he may share? That could be a great way to get talking. I mean, on first dates, I always talk about my favorite victims. Like, the really gory and detailed stories. That, or I tell them about the desk I made from the bones of some of my victims. I mean, I always think it is amazing how many victims I needed just to be able to construct one desk.

....Wait... you know something.... I don't think I've ever had a second date. ....Maybe talking about your hobbies isn't a good idea. People must not like hobbies, or something.

... lolzzz ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ask him if he has any pets,then tell him about your pet.if he hasn't ask him what kind of pet he'd like to have?
    ask him what the last movie he saw was,then discuss movies.
    umm talk about the latest news maybe? Good luck!

The second thing to remember is what not to talk about. Even spontaneous, confident, fun men can say the wrong things. Common wisdom dictates that the best way to open a conversation would be with small talk - that is, you ask about her background, her job, her friends, her family... stuff like that.

Well, is it any wonder that so many men blow their chances with a woman at a very first date?

The thing with small talk is that instead of creating the initial attraction, it creates boredom. Women have probably heard the exact same questions from other men in the past, so they'll associate you with those other men. In other words, she'll think you're just like everybody else.

Instead, talk about unusual things. If you know a bit of history about your meeting place, particularly if it's linked with some scandal in the past, talk about it. Or talk about crazy TV shows, or things on the news. Anything out of the ordinary is a lot better than small talk. Only resort to giving her "interview" questions only as a last resort.

With these in mind, you're more likely to leave a good first impression - even without meaning to.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ae9PoJAPvU]How to Get Over Your Ex[/url]