+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Venting thread, others welcomed.

No, it's not YOU that's not worth it darling lady, it is them who isn't worth it. Okay? Difficult as this will be, the term 'sick with worry' is as old as human speech for a reason. You've reached out, shared your concerns, you've been a really good friend to this person but they are, for some reason (and that's on them, not you) not open to your kindness' extended. You must consider that it could be time to let this one go and for goodness sake, don't take it upon yourself to figure out why and certainly don't assume it is because of something you did or didn't do.

Guard your heart. Give things time. YOu take care of your self....

Thank you, woody. I read now in Off Topics your medical posts, I wanted to say glad you are doing o-k & doing medical checkups is always right thing to do even if doctors aren't your thing because catching it early is half the battle.
    -With Hugs

I haven't guarded my heart with this one, laid it right out to be stomped on & it isn't even a romantic heart it is just a - loving- you- mean- the- world- to- me as a person in my life heart. But even that can't come back to me off that one. I told him something painful & personal in the 3 hours talk & after telling it he goes yeah funny thing it isn't just you "another friend" leaned on me today too, a co worker about their marriage. I didn't need to hear how he is more supportive to a coworker he barely knows, than to me & I said careful of emotional affairs. A woman talking to a younger man about her marriage problems at work, is a red flag why not talk to another female. To me that mattered more than a childs death I was upset about. He is more about feeding his ego than being a good loving friend to me. :- [

listen to woody, she's given you good advice. guy sounds like he can't see past himself to me, so he won't care how his actions affects others in his life, even if he was dating you he still wouldn't. he is ok so don't worry about him, wait and see if he reaches back out quickly then you'll see how much he values you and your friendship. why would a woman tell a guy she works with about her marriage issue? someone wants to **** someone, no wonder she has issues in her marriage she doesn't understand boundaries you gave your friend good advice and sounds like he blew it off because maybe he wants to get in that coworkers pants too, leave them to it, maybe he'll get named in the divorce papers.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Thank you both, woody & Exeter19.

I was brought up with being told to be a good loving friend, sister and all & to worry & show those you care in all ways. He went through some childhood things & more recently other issues & has been a different distant person coming out of it all. I am using my patience but I did feel hurt and was angered at myself for feeling so hurt.

Yeah you got heart there lady; a very good thing that must be protected. Strange how often we're the worse at protecting our own hearts yet I wouldn't change a thing about how big the heart is. Compassion is a golden thing indeed. You have much of it. You just keep it safe alright? Yes, keep it safe. The World needs as much heart as it can get. Just remember, if you don't work, nothing does so always take time to reboot, pamper, get outside yourself to take care of your self
    Last edited by woody; 19-11-14 at 04:15 AM.

I think I need a breather off him right now, he texted & I don't even feel like replying, just empty feelings about it. I seen the red flags & bad signs but I still move ahead even though I knew it won't be given back in same & normally I can look past but some things in that 3 hour talk HURT A LOT & he was oblivious to it hurting me. Yes, this can be MY reboot time, woody, you are very right, thank you.

On a plus side the gay friend hounding moved on to another GF of mine & she accepted his advances so o-k there, she doesn't care if he might be gay or not, she said he's hot & that is all that matters, really? that is all that matters, o-k.

Hey, if that's her cup of tea I hope she likes it sweet. ha. ok, bad joke.
    good on you Breath123, rebooting is great.

may I vent a little off topic?

'Idlers, shut off your engines' (please) you know, because uh, there's only so much breathable air around and between the clear cuts and the machine pumpin it out, we got to take better care.

anyone else, pet peeves, little rants, this is a venting thread after all; surely we have some things that annoy us that we all could learn from? Come on, bring it. Don't be shy

next please
    Last edited by woody; 22-11-14 at 07:55 AM.

She is still with him, and quasi - dating, I think. Wasn't for me because I can't life another person lie with them. I started dating the guy I mentioned in a thread in Off Topics last visit here & so far it's going well.

Lots of people idle during winter months, do you find that too, or all year round where you live, woody?

Yes, like woody said all are welcome to vent about all things in life that annoy them, including love if you like, doesn't matter what have you.

I get annoyed at early A.M. phone calls when you finally get asleep after hours trying & someone calls drunk and wakes you up, or is a wrong number & then you can't get back to sleep right away again. Angry more at me for not shutting sound off or unplugging a land line, but if a real emergency call was to come in & I missed I would be devastated.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Oh yeah, the ol darned if you do, possibly darned if you don't scenario. Been there; had to let it go. took awhile.

Idlers? Yes, year round from what I've seen and breathed in. Ahem. But yes, more in the Winter. Too bloody cold so I forgive them but in the warmer months, it tends to wear at me. I do my best not to show it. Luckily I'm so much more mature now. tehehe.
    I guess it gets to me because there's only so much breathable air around the Globe; I think we forget that when we look up into the vastness of space

I like this thread. Thought it'd get a few more campers but there's always time; meanwhile, I don't mind holding the fort with you breath123.

venting eh? Where to begin.
    huh. So many things. and yet as I sit here by my fire, pondering the next words and what I could say, I have no complaints, I have drawn a blank. Does this mean I'm enlightened or does it mean my long term medication is finally affecting my short term memory. Either which way, I'll take it.

Nope, I'm exceedingly content. My sweetheart rests; we have a sweet old house that keeps us warm (ish), some land to grow with, trees have been planted and all in all life is good. We're broke but who isn't these days.

Am I getting off topic? I guess I am. This is after all a 'venting' thread; not a 'how was your day'. Okay.

Hey breath, hope everything worked out for you regarding that bloke, which ever way it went, hope your doing well.

Venting

-superficial tendencies
    -people who still use plastic bags on a grand scale
    -doing something nice for a stranger who then assumes you have an agenda
    -the notion that so many have been mistreated, simple kindness' are met with mistrust.
    -Hunters and Fisherman that don't do it with respect.
    -Deep Sea trawling.
    -and yes of course, Clear Cuts. wtf
    Last edited by woody; 03-12-14 at 05:40 AM.

I'll vent about Xmas shopping and shoppers, PEOPLE ARE SO RUDE when shopping over the holiday season, so rude, and pushy, swearing, they'd knock you down to get a top, toy or chocolate.

I really hate shopping this time of year, not because I don't like to shop or buy presents but I hate the atmosphere going on. No wonder some people only buy cards or gift cards.

Where you live sounds peaceful woody, in ways you describe it, must be grand looking with snow all around you and on the trees.

Yes, it is truly beautiful. Except for the clear cuts of course. Those are just shameful.

For your shopping safety I suggest elbow pads. te hee

Great vents, ladies. ((( hugs )))

I took my age off my profile because I felt some people didn't take my advice seriously or at all because checking & seeing my age. Someone could be 18 or 85 & still have something of quality to give, why do others dismiss?
    That's my small vent today.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

PICK UP YOUR PHONE, lol PICK IT UP, I'M BORED, baby.

I hate when all my friends, family & sexy guy can sleep like norms & I can't.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

^Valerian Root for sleep Breath. Might help.

Hope All had a great Seasonal Family time and wishing All a flippin grand 2015.

We have some major changes taking place everyone, Global wide. Hey, lets do what we can and prove there's truth to that 'power in numbers' theory. Lots of us out there so lets do what we can to help.

I hate the layout of this forum now, that's my vent, it looks kiddie like to me with those icons.

Where'd most of the original posters go? This place is dead and now we can see who is actually online, wtf, dude.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast