+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he just want sex?

Does he just want sex?

So there is this guy friend i have that i have known about 5 years now, and we both had crushes on each other at the beginning that we both admitted, but a relationship never developed and nothing ever happened between us and we lost touch. We got in touch again recently, and he was flirting with me via text, being suggestive, and he told me he wanted me and we have always had a connection. I took it he meant he wanted me in every way. Anyway, i told him my feelings about him, and he just basically said he liked our friendship too much and that was one of a few reasons he couldn't see us ending up together, but he is sexually attracted to me. To be honest i found the whole too good a friend thing a lame excuse and an easy way to let me down, but he does know i have no intentions of just meeting up for sex, i have made that very clear, but he says he still wants to hang out with me as friends. Should i cut this guy out of my life? Does he really see me as a friend or does he want to meet to just try and sleep with me? I am very confused by his behavior, and i am really let down he led me on and then seemed to just flip on me. I don't plan on contacting him seems i don't want to seem like an annoying admirer or something, but if he contacts me idk what to do really. I am wondering if he now realizes i won't be sleeping with him, so he has given up the pursuing, and the friend thing was just him thinking he was putting it across in a nice way. Thoughts? He also has not responded to me a few times but then will get in contact and say sorry i haven't been in touch. Why apologize for not being in touch or care to let me know? Maybe now he knows my feelings he won't contact again anyway.

Why don't you block him so he can't contact you again? What good is a friend that disappears on you regularly anyway? By continuing to talk to this goof you're keeping your one sided feelings fresh which in turn keeps you from being open enough in heart and head to connect with someone that wants more then a part-time so called "friendship" with you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well while your the only one who'll truly get a sense of this guy, some of the signs he is displaying imply he is perhaps a player.. and while seeking your affections offers attentions sought after by any single lady, one must tread carefully in situations as these. Never forget what a true gentleman is about in theory and do not allow yourself to get sucked in by those masquerading about in gentlemen clothes so to speak. You have given him some stuff to think about. Time will tell what he's made of.