+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Who deletes who?

Who deletes who?

Ok... Here goes.. my first thread... I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday (something I certainly didn't want) But I know I gotta delete him from social network sites... I really don't want too but I know I have to... Its like its officially the end... What can I do??

Just delete him and block him so he won't find you, or won't be able to access you, nor would you be able to find him/access him. Simple as that.

Just delete him... So simple...

Or you can just be a mature adult and not care?

Don't delete him just yet. You will probably end up calling him in a few days begging for his forgiveness.

Whoa, slow down now, this is a critical issue. I mean, we're talking about deleting someone on facebook here, if you do it wrong the universe will collapse upon itself resulting in an apocalyptic end to all that exists.

Send a letter to your senate for approval and get back to us when you hear from them, only then can we proceed with this critically delicate matter.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

Ok so I messaged him last night about deleting eachother from facebook... He said he was going to avoid facebook & I then wouldn't see any posts or comments from him.... I replied saying we need to move on. I think I need to give you all a brief outline of the story... Here goes... We met 17 years ago... nothing happened, my sister was dating his friend. So as life does we all went our separate ways until 2 and a half years ago I came across him on facebook & added him, we chatted, one thing led to another, we fell madly in love, I was so happy to finally love a dear friend who loved me equally... he is trustworthy, attentive, all the beautiful qualities any woman seeks in her man... anyway the problem is his family... oh good god I never witnesses such cave man ideology in my life... His dad is so old school, a strong catholic with no respect for his family.... His rules included no sleeping with each other before marriage etc, like what would the neighbours say kinda attitude... He still lives at home & their family business is at home. So the cherry on the cake here is I am a single mum... My cards were marked from day one. The remarks, behaviour, the guilt his dad would put on him was unbearable. We tried so hard to keep it all low key and modest in his dads eyes but he was not happy with his son dating me... He would say things like, if you marry her she will take the homestead, the land etc... I even went so far to say to my boyfriend that I would sign a prenuptial agreement... I have my own home, car & full time income. We would try plan evenings out but his dad would make life so hard by planning over us or throwing the silent treatment. My boyfriend, or should I say ex is such a soft hearted beautiful man and the strain of it all was wearing him down, I seen how his dad was on one side & I was on the other, both wanting a part of him... I let go because I love him... if that makes any sense?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Or you can just be a mature adult and not care?
    I am mature (ish) but care I greatly

Never understood the whole social network shunning thing. Seems a little over the top, somewhat cruel really.

I am almost on the verge of deleting my Facebook account to avoid deleting him... It is cruel... Cruel when you love the person... I understand his life & how tough it is & It would feel like I am hitting him while he is down... Think i'll just avoid Facebook for awhile

^^now that's a good idea

I agree

FB is nothing more than a data mining company. I mean, I get the attraction but take a hard look at the hours you spend on there.

I'm pretty sure there is much better ways to spend some time. Join a bike riding club or read a book perhaps. Better yet, call some of your friends on the phone and plan a meet up for dinner and drinks