+ Follow This Topic

Thread: online romance problems

online romance problems

Hello all..

About 8 months ago I visited a chatsite, and talked to a nice lady for a while. I kept returning to the chatsite the following weeks, and we decided to exchange skype addresses. Since then we've been talking on skype daily, often many hours a day. We like each other very much, but due to the fact we don't live near each other our contact only has been online so far.

I've noticed that she doesn't chat as often with me anymore as in the beginning. She claims she is working more hours and is busy with other stuff as well.
    I do believe her, but she still visits the chatsite and sended some hearts/kisses to a particular guy on the site 3 weeks ago. She didn't notice me on the chatsite when she sended those kisses so I confronted her about it on skype. She told me it's just a quiet guy and has been talking with him on the chatsite for years.

Yesterday she told me she would be online this morning, so I got up very early so I was able to talk with her for a couple of hours on skype. So I waited and waited, she didn't appear at all. I know she was online though, since we both play an online game in which you can see when the player logged in. So I visited the chatsite if she was online over there, she wasn't.. but the guy I mentioned earlier was.

So.. I'm a dissapointed that she didn't let me know anything. A simple whatsapp message that she couldn't chat today would have been okay with me. I'm starting to believe she has that guy on skype as well and that she talks/flirts with him in the offline modus. Or I'm seeing thing that aren't there.. I did have depressions in the past and have been cheated on twice before. So I don't know what to think about this.

I don't dare to ask her again about this guy, cause otherwise she thinks I'm very jealous and it might push her away even more. We both have a mutual online friend so I can ask her some things, but that can turn out badly as well.

Any advice?

Too bad no one replied so far, I can use some advice.

Anyway she told me she was very busy that morning, wanted to turn on skype, but then her phone rang and she forgot about me

I guess she doesn't care about me anymore..she promised to send me a selfie yesterday.. but never received it.

I'm still in love with her, but she obviously cares about me less. I'm sure she'll have an excuse why she doesn't keep her promises. How shall I react?

Hi Hon,

The problem with cyber relationships is that you never know who exactly you are speaking with. Forget thinking you are in love with HER, you are in love with the idea of her only and the reality could be far different. How do you react? you forget trying to get her to 'chat' and you start living in the real world. Sorry if that sounds harsh and cruel but you need to be able to separate fact from fiction. Real love is knowing a person, knowing all the nitty gritty, warts and all details! Nothing wrong with being on chat lines. Just keep it in perspective and stop agonising over someone you know nothing about other than what she has told you. I will tell you I have known a good friend of mine (male) chat away to women who contact him from Russia....the porkies he tells are unbelieveable! I told him to stop being stupid and his reply is why...its only a bit of fun!!!

try to be so careful with cyber relationships. unless you meet the person relatively quickly in person very unreliable