+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need a good ice breaker or any good advice

Need a good ice breaker or any good advice

Ok I'll keep this very concise.

Started going to local library and saw this beautiful girl. Found out she works there. Made eye contact with her numerous times and sometimes I see her looking in my direction when she's walking by and holds eye contact for few seconds, no smiling or anything. Never heard her talk and she's just constantly working fixing and organizing books on the shelves. I got up once to.use the rest room and when I looked over at the front desk she was looking right at me. Coincidence or not I'm Not sure but we haven't really said anything to each other and I really want to. I don't wana make things akward since I'm pretty sure she knows im into her. So I need help from you guys because I just really don't know how to break ice without being too weird or sounding like I'm desperate. Oh I did once wave bye to her leaving the library and she waved back with one of those forced half smiles (kinda like an akward smile) but I don't know if that means anything. Hoping you guys can shine some light into my situation and give me some advice on how to approach things from now. Thanks for your time everyone.

I'm 26 BTW and she seems about the same age or even a few years younger.

Ask about how long she has worked there, does she enjoy it, or what he favorite book or author is and if there is a book she would recommend for you. Easiest to work with is what is present to you and that is the books and her possible knowledge of them. Good luck! get the courage up.

Hey thx for the advice! My only question is won't she know I'm only trying to start small talk now cuz I'm into her. Or she won't care?
    I might be over thinking the whole thing who knows she might even have a ring on finger or a bf. Guess I have to talk to her to find out right whether I make it obvious or not

Hello seanp,

at first - I am not a native speaker. Sorry for my grammar.
    Ask about a book, that you find in a shelf - eg. How is the book? How do you like?
    Then you come in a small talk. But you have to think about a few question.
    I hope, you understand me.

Well man maybe give her a compliment and call her stunning.

There was good advice about talking about books because its her job and she could talk alot about them. But then again this is kinda indecisive and not decisive action.
    You see you looked at her and didnt talked. She might already started to think that you are shy guy or something. "What is his probelem lol?"

You can aswell go to her and say "Hey you look amazing. Obiously Im not here to talk about books I just wanted to talk with you say how beautiful you are."
    Something like that. That compliments shows great amount of confidence and being straight to the point shows confidence aswell.

I mean you have to decide what you want from this girl. Do you just want talk nicely to her for few minutes and be like a friendly guy. Or do you actually want to make a move and ask phone number and ask her out for a coffee.

Check out my guide - its about approaching girls.

loveforum.net/the-relationship-news-and-articles/85674-guide-interacting-girls.html
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Yes I understand your grammar your approach sounds like a good one however the chances of finding a book she knows about and we can talk about might be slim to none. The conversation could end before it even starts. But your right I will have a few questions in mind when I actually do start the conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Pcmaster, although u wouldn't mind the straight foward approach (I've done them before) but with very little success. You gota understand she's a very beautiful girl and I'm sure she gets hit on all the time and I just don't want to be another to do it. My intentions are to talk to her get a feel for her personality and if we seem to click I'll ask her for coffee or something else. I feel if I go in too strong it can end really quick so that's why I wanted a smoother. Non direct way. Your also right when u said she probably thinks I'm shy since I haven't approached her yet but I know once I talk to her it won't be that way. Also my other problem is I'm not much of a book reader. I'm only there to study for my medical exam so even though mentioning books us great. I really don't know wats else to say about them with the very little knowledge I have.

Maybe you can get her name. It would give a huge advantage when starting really talking with her. Because you could visit her FB and see her interests. Maybe shes singer or artist or writer so you would have something to talk about. Anyway if shes really beautiful then you will need a lot of confidence. Not to talk with her but to be cool when you do. Its good to prepare questions too so you are right there. I have approached many girls and can say you are not a complete beginner. Now you just h ave to talk with her as sooner as better.

always make sure you get her phone number first. not the other way around

Yes I'm Gona have a few questions in mind just incase but I'm hoping our convo Wil be interesting enough where I won't need to and let it flow naturally. So close to approaching her today but it's so hard to single her out. She's either walking by or behind the desk with her coworkers. This is really frustrating be cuz I finally worked up enough courage to go through with it but now there's no window of opportunity.i neef to do it soon this is getting akward and shell know it'll be planned/rehearsed if i talk to her certain way. Thsts why im wauting to make it seem like a more natural approach. btw pcmaster that's a great idea about fb! Might do that for future convo's. Can't wait to update u guys wen it really happens. Tomorrow for sure no matter what happens! If she's there it's Gona be done. Here's what I'm thinking to make it seem natural:
    Me: "hey how's it goibg?
    Her: good u?
    Me: I'm fine just needed some help fi lnding a book"
    Her: which book?
    Me: don't have any specifics hoping you could recommend a good one..I've just been studying hard all day and need to read something different for a change..
    That's pretty natural as I could make it and if she gives me a recommendation I'll check it out and will use that to start the future convo's off with. If she asks what I'm studying it be game over from there

What do u guys think about the fialogue? I just didn't want to be direct after w as waiting all this time to talk to her. I lost my window for that at least thats v how I see it.

Looks very natural. But then again who knows if she will ask back how are you doing.

Look at my dialogue -

You: Hey !
    She: Hey...
    You: Whats your name?
    She: Anna
    You: Anna I have a problem Im looking for kama sutra book and I want it to study it with you.
    She: Okay... But I have a boyfriend
    You: Fck him we dont need him
    She: Ha ha. I like you.

Or
    You: Hey there!
    She: Heyey ey ey ♫
    You: Whats your name girl?
    She: My name is Patty. And what is yours?
    You: Im Sean(you said your name with love)
    She: Nice to meet you Sean, but I have to go back to work now.
    You: Hey wait ! Its nice to meet you too(shake her hand). When do you finish your work?
    She: I'll finish at 5pm
    You: Wana go for coffee afterwards?
    She: Why not? Okay.

In second approach I included handshake, its good way and help connect with girl. When you shake her hand look in her eyes and talk, hold her hand in your hand as long as she lets you until she takes her hand back. Now when you are holding girls hand for long the warm from your hand goes into her and then warm goes into the bloodstream which travels to her heart. You see what I mean here.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 14-11-14 at 01:48 AM.

Hahaha dude ur a pro!!! I could never do that just yet ur totally on a different level with ur game. Sucks I didn't see her today but hopefully tomroow. Lol u know all her responses in ur dialog never said.no or show any resistance. It's always a yes lmao.

Well man you have to relay on positive outcome because thats the only reason you will try. Also thinking positive will give you more energy and confidence.
    But then again " Even if you fail the strength of character gain will be the measure of your true success." Doesnt matter if she have a boyfriend at least you would give it a shot. Its better to know something bad than dont know anything. Also when you approach girls a lot it numbs the fear and you basically on the roll - you can say whatever and get away with it because you said it with no fear. But approaching girls are same as going to gym - when you stop after few weeks you start to lose shape. You know people who are in happy relationships for years dont know anything about picking up girls because they dont have a practice.

You know in examples I gave you in previous post theres pretty agressive approach. It dont always works better - it really depends on type of girl. For example to some girls you can go up and say " You have nice boobs" and she will find it as a compliment but girls who dont dresses like a sluts will find same words insulting.

Anyway good luck with your approach. I suggest try talk with some other girls in the meantime. Practice you know. Eventually you will find out what works and what not and you will learn how to get information you need faster.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 16-11-14 at 09:34 AM.