+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she like me and should I act on it?

Does she like me and should I act on it?

So I met this girl (lets call her X ( yes I'm a weird maths geek)) on a course in June, but due the teams selection, i.e. which team was placed with which, I never actually got to talk to her throughout the entire 3 weeks of the course, by which time another guy asked her out. At the time I wasn't too miffed because I didn't know her well, but since the events which follow I have recently began to have feelings for her

A month or 2 after the course, there was an open invitation for people on the course to meet up in town which X organised. I wasn't sure about the dates and I messaged her on FB, and we ended up talking for the whole day, which was great, as it allowed me to break the ice with her for when I accepted the open invitation and met up with the others who'd also accepted the open invitation

There were only about 6 people who responded to the invitation, including me and X. Anyhow, we instantly clicked in real life as well and I found out a lot about her, which I liked. In the group we were going round discussing who we liked ( i.e. who we had a crush on at the time) and I let slip about liking another girl ( lets call her Y). But at the time I found myself shuffling towards X and talking to her more than anyone else. The day then flew by and not much happening apart from banter between the group of us.

The weeks passed and X and I kept in contact, messaging each other every few weeks, just talking and having a bit of fun. Parts of the messages became serious as I discussed how I' d been bullied a bit on the course ( of which I will not provide details) and opened up a bit and she told me about her little sister and how she was Russian and had lived in France until. Another 3 weeks or so passed I asked her whether she had Snapchat, and she informed she did not after she sent me a selfie on FB in private messaging. She actually told me she hated taking selfies, but idk why she sent it to me and we continued talking the whole day, even after I felt the convo had been exhausted and had pretty much no a lot to say, but she kept it going. Also I now was beginning to like her more and more ( in a crush sort of way.)

3 weeks passed and I reach what happened int he past week. She then ( I assume) got a new phone capable of handling Snapchat (this was last Saturday) and I got a Snapchat from her saying she'd got Snapchat etc. and I replied saying "Yay" and other similar things. After this we Snapchatted all day until 1 am ( which was great!!) and this continued for another 2 days and we talked normally and she told me how she was writing a book which was part of a series, I offered to read it and she sent me a copy of her previous one via email.

Then suddenly she stopped replying to my Snapchats and I didn't send anymore since I was waiting for her to reply to the previous ones (This was Tuesday) and I got really upset and was checking my Snapchats every hour to see whether she had opened my previous ones.

1 day later (Wednesday) she messaged me on FB, asking whether I had managed o read any of her book, I told her I had and she began to ask me loads of question about it, ngl I was really interested in her book and answered all her questions with quite long answers each time, but the length of her reply's decreased rapidly until she said abruptly that she had to go. ( I feel it is important to note how she is always the one who ends any conversation we have via any messaging platform and it always happens suddenly even when we're in the middle of talking about something but without fail says ttyl).

On Thursday she messaged me on FB again and we talked all evening and we were talking about home life and I remembered that she grew up in France and could speak fluent French, she immediately said that she was shocked I remembered that and did loads of happy emoticons. We carried on talking and the convo dried up eventually and just stopped replying as her reply's were getting shorter and shorter.

On Friday, I messaged her asking whether she would like to go to a concert to see The Script in a few months time with my male friends and I, she said that she really wanted to go but was afraid that her boyfriend would get jealous, but still said she was really interested. Then the shocker for me was that she randomly brought up the girl I lied ages ago, Y, and said how come I'm not inviting her. I could detect from the way the message was written acid in her voice. I was shocked she even remembered this as I said it so casually at the meet up months ago. She then asked me whether I still liked her and why I'm not inviting her, ( the truth being I liked X 1000000000 times more), but i didn't say that to her. after 30 mins of talking she again abruptly said she had to go.

This brings me to today, where there has been no messages on her side and none on my side, i haven't messaged because I thought imo, that if I wanted to keep talking to her in later on, the current messages would have to calm down in their frequency. Today I just haven't been able to get her off my mind and I couldn't work because all I did was think about her and got distracted super easily, I am not normally like this.

I feel it is also important to note that most of the time it is always he who starts the conversations and she who ends them.
    I flirt in the messages though complimenting her a fair bit, which she says she loves me doing.
    I think it is me most of the time which causes the conversations to dry up because when I get tired I somehow forget to be funny.
    Due to social circumstances (i.e. my parents) being very traditional in their views, that in their opinion I am not allowed to have a girlfriend of a different colour to me. However I am fine with sneaking behind their backs and doing plenty of things which they disapprove of.

Now in your opinion whoever is reading this, I would like to know whether this girl likes me and if I should act on it, bearing in mind she has a boyfriend and they have been going out for a few months.

Please help me, I have no idea what to do.

Many thanks.

Two things....First thing first, you friend-zoned yourself. No one did it, you did. How could you keep on texting and snapchatting for months without growing some balls and going for what you want?

Also, you mentioned your parents view on dating outside your race. For you to bring this up, it definitely is a big deal for you. And anything with this girl will just be a waste of time, because, it is going no where.

Spare both sides the inevitable pain and let her be.