+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed signals?

Mixed signals?

I recently started talking to one of the guys (I'll call him S) in my college class through Facebook. After I added him, he instantly sent me a message saying hi, and started a small conversation about assignments and stuff. My friend added him too but received no message. Fast forward to a few months where I saw him hanging out at a cafe nearby.
    I started the Fb convo again to ask if it really was him and stuff. From there, he started opening up to me really quickly, telling me personal stuff about himself and came off as really flirty. He continued messaging me regularly and even asked me out for a movie, although I had to decline. This continued over the weekend and he started offering up his help and saying to tell him if I needed anything.

When I saw him again in class, we briefly made eye contact and smiled but nothing else. Anyways the flirting continued for about 2 weeks or so and eventually fizzled out because there was no contact other than fb conversations. I am socially awkward so seeing him in real life is a bit intimidating. He is somewhat well known in college and is the face of several campaigns so he is always surrounded by friends.

Throughout all this, I had been on break with my then boyfriend. We had broken up but still spoke occasionally but there were no feelings anymore. He did ask me to leave the relationship status as it was because he needed time to tell his mother who was active on Fb.

So S stopped messaging as frequently after a while. He didnt know about the ex bf situation because he never asked and when I tried to bring it up, the topic would change. S would be really sweet sometimes,staying up until 3am to talk even when he had an 8am the next day and told me silly stories.

Other times he'd be really cold and would see my messages but not reply (as in leave mid convo)

The whole thing started in August. By the end of Aug, it had kinda fizzled out. September was finals month so not much interaction except 2 really long conversations where he told me about his part time job and stuff. October, the new semester opened and we started messaging again, almost everyday. Then after that week, nothing more. He celebrated his birthday with his friends and I only wished him through a message.

A few days ago, I liked one of his statuses and he instantly messaged me saying hi and asking how I was. I recently started playing an RPG and he asked me to join his guild. He is guild leader and was quite insistent. In the chat, he welcomed me using my IGN at first but later just typed "(my name) is cute"

Its been up to here (the last chat was last night) and I dont know what to make of it. I like him but I can't read him.

Also, if it means anything, he usually likes all my pictures on Fb.

Classic situation.
    Boy is interested, but you are not his priority. I bet he has someone else that he has his eyes on. You are a convenient distraction.

If you are not sure, you could ask around...in college, his social exploits would be known.