View Poll Results: Should I stay or should I go?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Work it out

0 0%
  • Leave him

3 100.00%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love? and Money

Love? and Money

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years.
    Yesterday morning he was being extremely rude to me, just in a aweful mood, so I made other plans to hang out with a girlfriend of mine (my bestfriend) She doesnt like my boyfriend, and my boyfriend doesnt like her... anyways the entire time I am with my bestfriend hes texting me nasty things about not wanting to be in a relationship with me, and so on for probably 5 hours straight. My only response to him was that I should be able to hang out with my own friends once in awhile without feeling bad about it. He asks "Why didnt I get an invite" and my reply, "Why would I invite you when you were being rude to me all morning"
    Around 9pm I tell him Im on my way home and he says theres a note with my pay cheque. I get home and theres a note.. and my pay cheque. The note says,
    "You currently owe me $3500.00 at a 20% interest. Thats $60.00 a month. You can make your own account or use this joint one. I am making a seperate account to put my money into. You can do what you want with your money and I will continue to add what you owe me"
    Now this is actually good new for me, because I make more money then he does so I will be just fine... excpet my boyfriend treating me like one of his clients. Sometime in our relationship he got me to cancel my bank account, and make a joint one with him so that it was easier to deposit my cheques.. I gave him all my money that I made, he deposited it into the joint, and then transfered all the money onto his Visa... So he has the Visa card, and I literally never had any money to myself. (Which at the time seemed like a good way to save money) My boyfriend had the Visa since before we were dating and I know I am not responsible for all the money put on it. He pays student loans, car payments, car fuel, his phone bill and whatever else with OUR money. I have no car, no student loans to pay, and my mom has always payed my phone bill because she is a sweetheart. I have been giving him all my money and I have nothing to show for it and now he wants me to start paying off his credit card...
    The card is in him name so I dont feel I owe him anything, but Im looking out for myself. He is the kind of guy who would hire a lawyer and take me to court.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So what are you waiting for? Never talk to him again.

This one seems pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    So what are you waiting for? Never talk to him again.

This one seems pretty simple.
    It does, and I wish it was. What I want to know is, can he make me pay somehow through law. Looking at houses right now, I dont understand men, how did it go from "**** you for hanging out with your friend that you havent seen in 2 weeks" to "you owe me $3500.00"
    I have ignored him all day.

- - - Updated - - -

He has become extremely controlling. I can count how many friends I have on one hand. I spend all of my free time with him and when I need to get away every once in awhile all he does is fight with me about it. I know what the right thing to do is, shitty part, its going to take awhile til I can move into my own place, due to me being dumb and giving him all of my income...fml

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by wideawake10 View Post
    It does, and I wish it was. What I want to know is, can he make me pay somehow through law. Looking at houses right now, I dont understand men, how did it go from "**** you for hanging out with your friend that you havent seen in 2 weeks" to "you owe me $3500.00"
    I have ignored him all day.

- - - Updated - - -

He has become extremely controlling. I can count how many friends I have on one hand. I spend all of my free time with him and when I need to get away every once in awhile all he does is fight with me about it. I know what the right thing to do is, shitty part, its going to take awhile til I can move into my own place, due to me being dumb and giving him all of my income...fml
    Everything is in his name, right? He's liable, not you.

Get out.

Your mom is such a "sweetheart" why don't you move back in with her until you can get some help with your inability to tell a guy "no, I'm not going to do that" (like give him all your paycheque while you have no money) and you can save enough to venture out on your own but only when you are educated about keeping your own identity and yourself safe.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

He's a ****ing dick. Leave and let him be liable.

Is it really worth trying to figure out?

You don't have a student loan ? car? but you have paid for it.

Lame. Run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leialoha1975 View Post
    He's a ****ing dick. Leave and let him be liable.

Is it really worth trying to figure out?

You don't have a student loan ? car? but you have paid for it.

Lame. Run.

I get one free day a week to be with friends, my family and personal time makes me happier as well as my fiancé.

He gets the SAME, we believe in having lives with other people...
    I LOVE ... US

why did you let a guy who didn't make a serious commitment to you, i am guessing you are not even engaged take control of your money and bank account, i think the dude knew exactly what he was doing and it wasn't to benefit you. if he takes you to court counter sue, since you said he took money from you to pay his own debts, so he owes you. if he treats you this way he doesn't love you, clear up your money bank situation and tell him to move out if it is your place, if his place you move out.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

What planet do you live on? Here on planet Earth, your pay check, your money. Unless you are married to him, you don't give him anything except your share of the household bills and expenses if you are living together. And yes, it is that simple.

Open your own checking account again, get the fukc out of the relationship, dump his controlling ass and move back to your parents house and don't even THINK for a second considering buying a house with this chimp! And if you do live here on Earth, there is such a thing as hiring your own lawyer to sue his ass so you can get all your money back that he used paying for his personal loans!!!

Not sure what the laws are like where you are but watch out for the whole 'common law' thing. I'd take precautions and if you can, close the joint account. If you do owe him some dosh, pay it back minus the interest. What is he, a bank?
    What ever burr is up his bottom end, well, who knows but he's behaving like an infantile putsz.
    Look out.
    You've got yourself enough red flags to hang new drapes with so either get some scissors or some new windows.

also, next time, keep your own account for goodness sake.
    good luck lady. hope it all works out