+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just need some honest answers

Just need some honest answers

Hello -
    I'm going to keep it simple because there is really no way to describe one's relationship without coming up with a novel - so I would just like some male points of view here please. I appreciate it!

_-Bear in mind these are questions based on you being in a 6-8yr relationship-_

Questions:
    1) What would be your intention if you were talking to your ex-girlfriend online via facebook? Is there any possibility of it being innocent?
    2) Do you think it's appropriate to talk to this person about anything involving sex/sexual situations?

Be honest about it - brutally if you feel it's necessary

|The point of this is (I assume) that your boyfriend is talking to his ex online and he's talking to her about sexual things and you don't like it and would like it to stop? If I'm correct then it doesn't matter what any of us think (BTW, I think its inappropriate and it crosses what most committed couples would consider a relationship boundary not to mention that it's totally disrespectful to his primary partner). What matters is that you don't like it (if you don't) and that you should tell him it stops or your relationship with him is just a farce that he is, like I said, disrespectful about and acting inappropriately for anyone who is suppose to be in a monogamous, committed relationship.

That being said: Just exactly what IS the point of your questions? What do YOU hope to gain by finding out what men that have nothing to do with you and your wants and needs have to say?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

What I was really asking for was a male opinion/insight on how they would feel about doing the tings I mentioned - I am honestly open to hearing that it is completely innocent just as much as I am the opposite. Not so much about my own situation but if other males have found themselves in similar situations and what their intentions were. Sorry if I was unclear....

Oops, sorry, wrong gender but i'll add my two bits none the less. Inappropriate; especially if your uncomfy with it. If you said, "hey, no problem" well you've made the bed and given the go ahead. But regardless if permission was asked for or not, I think it's poor form, disrespectful to you.

Men, what say ye, this lady needs some male opinions here.

I'm not a male but I grew up in a predominantly male populated family and I can tell you that none of my 4 brothers nor mostly male cousins who are in exclusive relationships would even dare talk on line with any of their exes, forget about the sexual talks.

They know better than to start that kind of trouble in their lives, never mind also that their significant others would kick them in the nuts so hard that they may never, ever spread their names nor their genes in the future.