+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help me read this situation

Help me read this situation

I'm a married man who has been with his wife for about 15 yearss. Recently i have developed a very strong attatchment to a single woman. We hang out together all the time, not behind my wifes back, but she doesn't know al the times we've hung out. A couple of occasions I have told her in writing (text, email) that some of my feeligs for her are romantic in nature, but she hasn't reciprocated that statement. But she has told me that I am her best friend and that noone knows her like I Do. I don't want to cheat on my wife, but I am curious to know if she has those same feelings for me too or if it's just a one-way street. Ladies, whats you're take on this? Does she like me "like that?" Mostly I'm just curious.

Your having an emotional affair and this needs to stop now. 15years of marriage is worth fighting for and worth saving. Cut off the other woman before this goes too far and you lose everything and focus on your wife. Rekindle the love and passion, get some marriage counselling and look after the woman you married.

Look up emotional affairs, research other peoples stories and educate yourself on it. People who fall into this trap end up making so many mistakes and have many regrets. A friend of mine had an emotional affair, left her bf of 5years for another man, had a fling with him, then regretted it, tried to run back to her ex and he told her to get lost. Shes spent the last 18months depressed and suicidal and alone.

Right now you are thinking the grass is greener, your infatuated and probably not thinking clearly. Sometimes marriage gets stale or boring, maybe your sex life is lacking or maybe you have lost the emotional connection with your wife. Life can get in the way sometimes between work, chores, bills, kids etc.. but you don't take the easy option and line up someone else. Put in the work to save your marriage and give your wife 100% of you.

Some people wait until after the affair to try and fix it when so much damage has already been done. You can fix it now without destroying her or your marriage
    Last edited by michelle23; 23-11-14 at 01:45 AM.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".