+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do?

What should I do?

Well I'm in this relationship with this guy who lives in US and yes it's a long distance relationship. We've been dating for around 6 months now and we had our up and downs, we still love each other until he asked me how many exes I had. I lied and I immediately regretted it, told him the truth afterwards and now our relation is near the ending because of this. I've apologized, explained everything, told him anything and yet he keeps saying he won't believe anything I say anymore even though I told him only the truth. It was just one thing I did wrong while he always calls me names when he's pissed or annoyed, I can't get mad cuz it'll just turn out horribly wrong. I don't know how I managed to date him so long but I still really love him, he keeps saying I'm a liar and won't believe me anymore and doesn't even care anymore, doesn't even know if he still loves me or not. We broke up once like long time ago because he screwed up and he asked me to forgive him few days later. I forgave him and now he doesn't even forgive me for this. I know it's my fault and I take the blame. It's still unsure what he actually does for real even though he tells me opposite, neither do I know when he's telling me the truth or not. Guess I just had to believe him till I screw up once and I get all shit over me. So should I just put an end to it or keep going? Ive cried many many times and yet I still love him a lot though, sounds crazy, even pathetic in some way but yea...guess I am just crazy..

Long distance relationships are tricky even when things are going well but when they are going bad, it is very difficult to repair. You say "we still love each other" - has he actually said this or is it wishful thinking on your behalf? I don't want to sound too blunt as you obviously care for this guy and your feelings may be hurt. The way he is treating you certainly doesn't come from a place of love.
    Don't let anyone treat you shabbily - respect yourself. Maybe he is looking for a way out of the relationship and by the way, nothing you have said at all, make it sound like your fault. Guys will sometimes find fault and cause an argument because they want out of a relationship and they are not sure how to go about it. Examine these things. Look after yourself.

I use to live in a town with less than a 1000 people and the next nearest town was 70 miles away with not many more people. Our motto was......I'm willing to drive for a good quality relationship, but why drive for a crappy relationship when I can find one of those right next door.

What is wrong with you? Can't you find a local boy who is an azhole? Why do the long distance thing for an azhole?