So, I have a pretty shaky story with this guy. We met in July 2013, and only dated for 3 months, then spent about 5 months apart, only to get back together in March 2014. Then we broke up again in 2 months. Both times we broke up because of his excessive drug use (no hard drugs, but still.) We both started doing drugs together, but when I wanted to quit and move on with my life, he still wanted to keep doing them.
Anyways, after we broke up this year, he found someone else (according to my friends. I've never checked it out myself because I was too scared to.) But last week, after about 7 months of complete silence, he talked to me on facebook.
But it wasn't only a normal "oh, let me hit her up" situation, he actually created a whole new account to talk to me (since I had his normal one blocked.)
He was high as s*it when he did, but that's kind of usual, most times when he talks to me after a certain amount of time apart, he's either stoned or on some kind of hallucinogen. Our talk wasn't anything special, we pretty much just joked around. But I know, from experience, that you do things while intoxicated that you'd never have the guts to do if you were sober.
Thing is, he hasn't talked to me since. and it's completely freaking me out. Even though I wasn't over him, I had no hope anymore before he talked to me, and I was fine about that. I was basically living off of knowing I loved and lost, and had given up on dating because I knew, and still know, that he's """the one""" and all that cr*p.
So, I have a few questions, and I'd love to hear answers from a few male perspectives:

1. Could he still have any feelings whatsoever for me?
2. Did he have the nerve to talk to me only because he was high, and now that he's sober, he has no guts anymore?
3. Should I talk to him?