+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i tell my foreign crush i like her?

Should i tell my foreign crush i like her?

(Build up to where we are today) About six months ago at school our maths class was in the computer room to use excel for our graphs and we have a new student in class. She is an exchange student from Italy. She had dyed red hair(actual red) and looked really alternative and different from everyone else (The way her face looked its hard to explain). I thought she looked pretty cute. But nothing like love at first sight sort of thing. In this class i sat at the end of one of the tables (Four in a row) and after i sat down she sat right next to me seconds later. From memory she looked a little bit nervous. But fate hated us, because her computer didn't want to start and work so she was moved to sit with a group of girls. Throughout the next hour or so i noticed she looked over at me a few times but no conversation was ever initiated.

And next day. She is gone. I asked what happened and apparently she was put into the wrong class It makes sense since our class was the lowest maths class and most foreign exchange students are really good at academics. So almost a month goes by and i had basically forgotten this girl as we had no other classes together and i didn't see her at all. Until one day after school the bus was really busy and loud so i was standing. And i'm about halfway down the bus and i notice that same girl walk on at the front. The bus went off and again i noticed as the bus continued its route this girl was staring at me and then looking away. There was a second or two of eye contact but it was awkward so we looked away. I was pretty tired so i wasn't really up for conversation (Had a maths test that did my head in) After the bus let off a lot of people at a popular stop, i sat down at halfway down the bus. This girl then walks past heaps of empty seats and goes from front to where i am and sits next to me. (In my head i was confused and tired so not a good mix) Conversation was not good since i was not in the mood. I felt bad once i had time to rest, but i figured i was most likely going to see her again since that was the first time i had seen her on the bus.

But about a week later i arrived early on Wednesday morning since that is our late start morning, because i am an out of zoner student and my mum had to be at work early i went to school 45 minutes early with her. I went to the middle of the school to see if anyone i knew was there and she was the only person there. I felt bad about the last encounter and she was literally the only other person there so i went up to her and we started talking again. This time we had a pretty good conversation (considering how shy and awkward i can be) and i found out we had a few common interest such as anime, video games, personality traits, hell even similar learning difficulties and similar life situations. And i know she wasn't copying me since she would always tell me her story and interest first then i would tell her mine. But again we had no classes and she hadn't been on the bus. So after that the only way i could see this girl was to be early on Wednesday mornings. I did this for two more weeks and even started coming early on other days of the week too, just to talk to her. Although there was this French guy who would always come over and kind of ruin the conversation we were having. It would always be 20 or so minutes in sometime earlier. But anyways this guys ask her if she has any plans and if she would like to go the movies. She says sure and then there is an awkward silence for about 30 seconds until she ask me if i want to come. I so maybe another time as we were moving house that weekend (No further away from school not closer) But the next week after i had moved in she then asked me for her number so she could text me the information. And then after that moment onwards she starts texting me a lot! So we get to know each other more and she starts to tell me a lot of personal stuff.

We go to the movies and the French guy ended up not making it in time. So it was just me and her. She also had then started doing stuff like trying to put a scarf on me because she thought i was cold, and she also link her arm around mine. And during the movie of moments of suspense she would squeeze her fist and put it against my leg. I would have held it but i had salty hands from eating pop corn. So yeah no...... After the movie it was still 2pm so she asked if i wanted to go to a lake with her in front of the French guy. We get there and we talk more and she then starts to hug me. Me being the awkward idiot i am starting tensing up because i wasn't used to that sort of thing. She can tell i am tense and then apologises and tells me that is what they do in Italy. I buy it and life continues on. It's not until i take her to a park in the afternoon where it is just us two that i start to rethink the situation. I take her to the top as this park is a place a like very much and because it is a good tourist spot because it has a great view of the whole city. She then cries as she is seeing this view and thanks me a lot. I was confused as hell but again this proceeded to a hug which still felt uncomfortable but also really comfortable to me at the same time (hard to explain) and then that proceeded to us cuddling side by side looking over the city as the sun went down. It was a good time but nothing was ever brought up about the cuddling or any feelings.

From this point on we just start texting at least 5/7 days of the week and seeing each other in person at least once every two weeks. And it was all good. I even ended up living really close to her host family as the relationship with my mum and partner didn't work out. Until sad news which i won't talk about here came up and she had to go back home for 3 weeks. I tried to be supportive for the 2 or so days she was here until she had to leave again. she then thanked me for doing so much for her and then gave me a sketch drawing she made for me (she is really into art) But even though we are now basically halfway across the world (i live in New Zealand), we still keep in touch by FaceBook. And we messaged each other when we could. As well as while she was waiting for connection flights back to Italy. I start hearing about her best friend and we still keep in touch. She then comes back after three weeks and we start texting a lot again and after talks we have about it all and support i gave she again thanked me and said she had never met anyone like me. And now give or take a few minor details such as five more cuddling sessions 3 of which happened after she came back. She is now giving me nick names such as Angel and silly as well as telling me she misses me a lot. And the last important detail before i ask my question. I think during one of our cuddling sessions i heard her say i love you. To which i said excuse me i didn't hear that as it was really quiet. She then dismissed it really quickly and told me it was nothing. So i think she does like me (not 100% sure but at least 50% sure)

(Question) So my question isn't if she likes me or not. But rather if i should tell her i like her. As i am typing this it is the 3rd of December and she goes back to Italy on the 28th of December. I really like her and want to be in my first relationship with her, but i'm not sure that a long distance would work out. It could be hard as both of us will be entering the real business end of our schooling next year and add a 12 hour time difference between us. I just want her to be happy after the sad event. That is why i started asking about her best friend and other guy friends she talked about as romantic opportunities but she told me they were just friends or like brothers (she is an only child). So now with what little time we have left is it worth telling about my feelings and getting into a relationship that will be long distance at the chance it might make her happy? (She also says i make her happy when we spend time together) Thanks for reading and tell me if you think she likes me (as back up of my either correct or incorrect assumption) and if the relationship/confession is worth it.

Yes tell her. I been in your place and now wish I would tell those girls.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Thanks for the advice. But i have already told her. Yeah you're right. I would have regretted it so much. I'm glad i told her. Is there a way i can take down a post?

Good on you that you manned up and told her the truth. Think you cant take it down anymore. But normally when theres no other posts bellow and not too much time passed you can edit and delete it.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Ah okay. Might as well leave it up then so that people who are in similar situations can see that you should just let your feelings out. It's the biggest weight lifter in the world. And if he/she have the same feelings then its magic

sdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf

Necessary post...