+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she like me or hate me?

Does she like me or hate me?

Both 19 and started a new job together 5/6 months ago. We've had lunch one on one everyday.

Longstory short the whole place thinks we're dating / fancy each other. At first she was really open with me, said I was easy to talk to and told me all her secrets and about her life, but recently she's gone really cold towards me.

She moaned at me for not telling her much about myself, so i accepted I told her nowhere near as much about me than she told me about her. So she asked about my ex a bit and i told her about how i still spoke to her, but made it VERY clear i had no feelings whatsoever for her. There was a lot of drama going on so i filled her in and that seemed to start the downfall. She started saying 'if we met outside of work we wouldn't be friends' and stuff like that.

then she saw a text from my ex's best friend calling me one of her close friends and said she can never be friends with guys because they always end up wanting more or ditching her when they get girlfriends. So i said what I am then, she said just a colleague. I honestly thought we were close but apparently not. I mean we've only spoke everyday for 6 months more or less and text a bit as well. I said I think guys and girls can be just friends but she wasn't having it.

Anyway I asked her about something sort of private, about a guy she liked in the passed, that she would of told me before. But she just said no, if i tell you that then we'd become friends and i don't want that...Who the hell is scared of becoming friends and how is someone you've had lunch with for 6 months not a friend!? So i said what are you worried one of us is going to fall for the other. Her face dropped and she said no, we'd kill each other before that happened or something like that.

I'm really disappointed she doesn't see me as a friend but oh well. But i am curious as to what she means by all this, i see it as being a few options

1.) She doesn't really like me any more and wants me to leave her alone
    2.) She Likes me more than a friend but doesn't think i feel the same and is trying to distance herself from me
    3.) She's sick of people saying we're dating / fancy each other so wants it to stop
    4.) she thinks I like her (I did have a little thing for her halfway through but I'm happy with just being friends now) and is not interested

What do you girls think!? Please Help!

Thanks for reading

IDK just outright ask her why she is acting weird around you now, does she want you to be only friends or more as in date, find out exactly where she stands FROM her and her alone. Then go from that point. I can't tell but she might have got jealous, but I don't know her only what you typed here. Again ask her DIRECTLY what you desire to know. Good luck.

Stop hanging out with her, stop having one on one lunches, stop being so receptive to her and I bet you she starts to pay you more attention.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion