+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting MRI, need opinions on pregnancy line?

Getting MRI, need opinions on pregnancy line?

Hey everybody. I have to get an MRI soon, and my doctor advised me to get a pregnancy test beforehand, since the radiation from the MRI can cause birth defects, etc. It's still 7 days before my expected period, and there is a high probability that I am indeed pregnant. We had sex during the time I was ovulating, and I've been experiencing many signs of pregnancy; most prominent being my sudden distaste for coffee; my former FAVORITE thing to drink. I literally throw up if I drink coffee anymore. My breasts are swollen and SUPER sensitive. I've been having major food cravings, and started to become rather emotional. I've already had one pregnancy which gave me my beautiful 7 year-old daughter, so I've been-there, done-that before with the pregnancy feelings.

I took a pregnancy test today, and I am so nervous about this MRI and the possibility of causing birth defects to a child who may or may not be in my belly that I can't tell if I'm seeing things. To me, it seemed like there was an extremely faint line on the pregnancy test I took this afternoon, but I dunno if it's just my fears causing me to see things, since harming a child would devastate me. I'm going to take another test early tomorrow morning, before I have to do the MRI, but can you all look at these pics and see if you're seeing the same EXTREMELY faint line I am? Thank you so much!!

[url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaime-La-Belle-Vie/598727126887791[/url]

It's the first post on that site. Thank you!

I answered this in your duplicate thread but now that I think about it... I thought your bf dumped you for not having your custody battle ironed out? Or was it he wanted to but just asked you to leave his house but he'd stay your boyfriend? (if I'm right) Does he know you think you're preggers?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yes, well we obviously worked things out. And yes, he knows that it's a possibility.

Dear Montana,

I don't do FB so I can't check out your thing BUT, of course, yes, you need to know for certain if you are or if you are not pregnant before having an MRI. What's the scoop boop on the MRI. What's going on? Can you elaborate?

Hey, glad you two worked it out.

Full disclosure is what your Dr needs. Can't have a scan if baby is in belly. Crikey, I hope your alright there lady.

ReDO the bloody test. Get the money for it from the possible father to be because hanging around here looking at what attention this thread gets isn't going to get you an answer that you can damn well rely on.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If it was me I would delay the MRI being perform, your doctor would agree if you cannot get a positive result beforehand & still doubt. Is it so hard to re do the MRI, or you have to wait months to re set a date for it, not sure how your country does this kind of treatment. If there is a possibility of a baby that is top priority.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ