+ Follow This Topic

Thread: There's a mutual attraction, but it's complicated. Need advice FAST

There's a mutual attraction, but it's complicated. Need advice FAST

So I recently went out of town for a friend's (I will call her Karen) birthday, she's a bi-sexual woman and I've known her for years. I met this other girl (who I will call Jane) and we hit it off, there was a lot of drinking involved and we ended up sleeping together. It turns out that Karen has a thing for the Jane, but I don't believe that Jane is interested in women. Anyways, in the morning, Jane and I both decide that we would like to hang out the next time I came up, which is every wednesday. So we text daily until the night of our date, and we talk about the Karen situation to clear the air. Jane knew that Karen had a "thing" for her and felt bad about sleeping with me at Karen's birthday party. We go on to hang out for a good 6 hours which I think went pretty well. We had dinner and went to a comedy club, bused back to my hotel and went to get coffee. I knew she wasn't going to come back to my room with me so I decided not to push. There was hand-holding, kissing, cuddling on the bench at the comedy club and at the end of the night we parted ways. But I felt like I was getting mixed messages all night and I believe that Jane can't get over the fact that she did wrong by Karen, so I couldn't help but feel as if she was a little withdrawn for most of the night.

I may have left out a few details, but I need to know a few things. How can I talk to Jane and find out;
    -if she is actually interested in Karen
    -if she is interested in me but holding back because Karen is mad at her
    -if we can go on another date

I don't want to scare her off. She's beautiful, funny, and I'm happy just being near her and I would really like to see where this goes. If you need more details, let me know. 2

Just ask her out on another bloody date and quit over-thinking everything. If she agrees to go on the date then have fun. If she doesn't then fk her and the horse she rode in on and get on with your life without her in it.

Done and done.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion