+ Follow This Topic

Thread: flirting sister in law ?

flirting sister in law ?

At a wedding my sister in law came to my bedroom saying she was looking for my wife who did have a separate room due to having to stay with her mother who has health problems, my wife's room was directly across from her room, she came into my room and pulled my arm tightly onto her chest and said I have not bean neglecting you have I, her face was literately 5 inches from my face, she has always bean a touchy feely person but on several accessions since she had me a little confused as on another occasion after the wedding showing photos to her on my phone she held my arm and then my hand and started tickling it, since then having a dinner party with my wife she put her foot on mine underneath the table ( but not moving it at all )for 30 seconds or more, I am really confused by all of this, is it harmless ?

Why didn't YOU take your foot away?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

What's confusing? Your sis in law is being naughty and making a play for her sister's husband. If you don't put a stop to it now you will be seriously heading for a road crash! The family could be irreparably split! Personally I would not tell your wife or anyone else but I would make it clear to the sister in law you are not interested - unless you are? She can only do what you permit her to do. Next time she knocks on your door shove her through it!

Again.... why didn't you just take your foot away? Your answer: Because you didn't want your wife to see. So you obviously think what she is doing is wrong so again I ask: Why didn't you stop your SIL and if your wife saw, tell her that your foot was in the way of her sisters and you moved it... simple enough.

What is YOUR motive here, OP. That is what you should be asking yourself... not what her motives are. It shouldn't matter what her motives are.. You should just be shutting down ANYTHING that you think is inappropriate and that your wife wouldn't take kindly to.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

This guy posted the same thread on the shack site.....possible troll, never responded to his thread.