+ Follow This Topic

Thread: will I stand a chance if I try?

will I stand a chance if I try?

So, I think I have finally found what I believe to be the perfect girl for me. She shares all my tastes, she's introverted, she's a cat person, she likes to stay at home watching netflix, she's a pop culture nerd. She's basically my female counterpart.
    But, as everything in my life, I got an "enemy". Let me break down the three characters:
    Girl- as stated above;
    Me- basically her male counterpart;
    Enemy- he has almost all the same interests as me, but he's extroverted and more of a social butterfly;
    Now, academically speaking: I'm a guy who wants to make something of his life, I'm a math lover(I'm taking a math degree), I work hard for my degree. The guy is a physics lover(like her), he's in my course but never studies, he only wants to party, his grades are a complete mess and he explicitly admitted that he doesn't know what he's doing in college.
    I mean, I think I may have a great chance with her, but I'm afraid that this guy steals my chances... If all factors are equal, and through this text, do you think I'll stand a chance with her?

The female species always falls head over heels for confidence.........they don't give a rats ass about anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest my friend, young girls would pick a guy that is fun to be with, than book smart responsible.

Well, I'll put it this way...

You'll never know if you don't try. Don't worry about whether or not some other guys seems a good match for her. If you want to ask her out, then go for it. At least then you will know. Hopefully it goes well, but if not at least you can stop wondering. Otherwise, if you wait too long maybe that other fella or even some other guy will ask her out and you'll be too late.

I do also agree with Smackie. Being responsible is awesome, but it would also help to make an effort to come out of your shell and how you can be fun as well. Heck, that isn't even just isolated to young people. Everybody wants to be with somebody with whom they have fun. Heck, if you can show that you are both fun AND responsible, that will be more points in your favor that this other chap doesn't have.

Good luck! I hope it works out for you.

^Yes Math Man, strut your stuff. Though there are many equations about us at all times, when it comes to wooing a lady, one must get back to basics and draw upon their uniquely human side and kick it old school.
    Release the shell and bring out the shine. For goodness sake, ask this girl out.
    Don't over think it, just do it. You like this girl?; then bring it on home.

Its all about confidence really and the way you will approach her in comparison with his way.Do you know if she even likes him?how much do you talk with her?I say you can certainly have a chance and even get the girl but first before you try you have to forget that guy and your doubts.Try to gain some confidence,think about all the things that make you who you are,have trust in yourself..love him.Just think what things you could possibly give to her that he cant..and put yourself in her shoes why she should choose you?Once you find the answers in these questions I think that you'll be ready to take a shot!Dont try to pretend something you are not to get her attention cause she will understand it.Just try to be fun and show your feelings!Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Its all about confidence really and the way you will approach her in comparison with his way.Do you know if she even likes him?how much do you talk with her?I say you can certainly have a chance and even get the girl but first before you try you have to forget that guy and your doubts.Try to gain some confidence,think about all the things that make you who you are,have trust in yourself..love him.Just think what things you could possibly give to her that he cant..and put yourself in her shoes why she should choose you?Once you find the answers in these questions I think that you'll be ready to take a shot!Dont try to pretend something you are not to get her attention cause she will understand it.Just try to be fun and show your feelings!Good luck!