+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't know what to do.

I don't know what to do.

I'd been with my girlfriend for 2 1/2 - 3 years and have been broken up for a year since.
    We broke up because her health began to deteriorate and her inability to conceive provided a stumbling block for her and her vision of our future together.. I'd be lying if this didn't hurt but I really do love her and am willing to overlook these things as I've always supported her when her health got to the worst.

However, recently we decided to meet up and it was very difficult. Long story short, our feelings were in the open and we kissed numerous times.
    She's still (understandably) hesitant about getting back with me because of her issues but she lives a very busy lifestyle now with university and work.

I love this girl more than anything and still love her to the extent as i did the first time i told her. She feels the same way. But here's the dilemma - I don't feel like she has the time in her life for a relationship and i have enough self respect to not put myself in that sort of position as i know it'll be self destructing.
    But I'm not sure. Im so confused. It's killing me every minute. I saw her again today and we held hands and told each other we love one another. We also don't know how much to text one another. (if at all).

Everything is so confusing. It's driving me insane. I need your help.
    tl;dr - We both love each other very much, she has no time in her life for a relationship, how often do we talk, if at all?

I would say to not talk to her anymore. This "friends" thing you have going on is not doing you any favors and is helping her to sort of get over you. She decided to end it for her own reasons. Base line: she doesn't want to commit to you. She's giving you all these excuses to try to not commit. You shouldn't stick around her. It's total BS for her to guilt/bait you into staying with her, being her emotional crutch, after she ended things with you. You're letting her walk all over you.

For someone who doesn't have time to be in a relationship, the two of you seem to be getting together enough?

So what is it. She does have the time but is hesitant to be with you in a committed sense or, she doesn't have the time, which of course, begs the question why you are meeting up with her so often.

Shit or get off the pot as they say. You tell her she either commits to being able to be with you full time by making a schedule as to when she can and cannot be together with you so that you see if it will be enough for you or she gets lost and you never contact one another again so that you can get over one another enough to actually form something good and serious with someone else.

This half assed THING you have going with one another is a giant waste of both your time and emotional well being.

If you have the self-respect for yourself that you say you do then you won't let this silly uncommitted dabbling go on another minute.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You need to cut all contact and let yourself heal properly. All you are doing is delaying the inevitable, and for what, a few kisses and some hand holding? See the reality here? you both need to move on. There is no solution to get this to work.