+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I really like but does she feel the same???

I really like but does she feel the same???

Hi there. Basically my family and this girls family are friends. The last time I saw her was three years ago and was too scared to talk to her. Anyway, recently she came over for my birthday, we talked a little (we are both a little shy) and I asked for her number which she gave me. I texted her to she if she had got better the next day as she was ill and it took her a few hours to reply. We carried on texting but again it took her ages to reply which didnt seem to be a good sign to me.

Few days later I texted her asking if she wanted to come to the cinema with me and a friend to which she texted back in like 5mins and said it sounds fun. We went out and after we went to this little party just to say hello to a family member. Anyway, we spoke a fair bit she smiled and laughed and we made plenty of eye contact talking. Anyway, since then (2days or so) I havent heard anything. I was thinking of asking if she wanted to come with me to do a bit of christmas shopping but im kinda hesitant. Dont want to seem desperate and I dont want to seem like a pest or be annoying. Ive had a girlfriend before but havent felt like this about a girl...ever.
    Anyway, does she like me or is she just being nice since our families are friends? Should I ask if she wants to come along with me? Kinda confused.

If I do ask her how should I word the message? Dont want it to seem like a date or be awkward since we will see each other again when our families do whatever.
    Thanks

So you say it will be awkward because you both will see each other at family events.....then why bother with her then?

I wouldn't be surprised if she liked you. Taking a while to text back could mean any number of things: being busy, being sick, being unsure of her feelings. But she likes you enough to see a movie. If you haven't contacted her yet, she might be waiting for YOU to say something. Just say something like "Hey (your crush) how do you feel about a bit of Christmas shopping? I plan on going (time/place) and could use some company."