+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we ever get engaged?

OMG. Stop settling for someone who clearly is just stringing you along. His parents. I ask again, have you even met them? You shutting the fvck up will do nothing to make him want to marry you in the future.

"Date and live separately?" You're setting yourself up for a fall. If he wanted to marry you then he'd at least be engaged to you and give you a ring and a time and date five years from now as a wedding date.

Stop being a desperate ninny.

Frankly I think you're his "right now" go to chick and his parents have him lined up to marry someone else when his career has been established.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

He said since he hasn't even gone home to his family in 11 years, when he finally does it should be alone because otherwise it'd be a slap in the face to them if he hasn't spent time with them in over a decade and when he finally does, he brings a girl.

His last girlfriend, they had lots of fun together for 3 years, but then he dumped her because she wanted to get engaged and he just fought with Her about it

If you are so desperate to get married, why don't you just leave? He's not holding you hostage. You're the one who has trouble letting go and yet your pushing this poor guy to do what YOU want.

Leave him be and find someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Roses919191 View Post
    He said since he hasn't even gone home to his family in 11 years, when he finally does it should be alone because otherwise it'd be a slap in the face to them if he hasn't spent time with them in over a decade and when he finally does, he brings a girl.

His last girlfriend, they had lots of fun together for 3 years, but then he dumped her because she wanted to get engaged and he just fought with Her about it
    Whats your point ffs? The guy is not going to marry anyone except when he goes home and his bride that has been hand picked by his parents is waiting for him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Whats your point ffs? The guy is not going to marry anyone except when he goes home and his bride that has been hand picked by his parents is waiting for him.
    He told me he will be up for getting married in 5 years when his training is done. Said he can't get engaged because he doesn't believe in long engagements

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    He told me he will be up for getting married in 5 years when his training is done. Said he can't get engaged because he doesn't believe in long engagements

lmao...

Tell us, do his parents even know about you or are you a secret to anyone who is of importance to him?

I think he'll love me if I just figure out how to be independent enough for him. So will moving out work? If he didn't want to date anymore, when I suggested moving out and still dating he wouldn't have said "sounds good." And he answers all my phone calls, isn't like demanding that I leave his apt in any time frame (my name isn't on the lease)... If he were done with me, he could've done those things

There's more to the story than you are telling us. You started very strong on this thread, either the guy proposes to you or you will leave. Now, you have the smell of a desperate woman who would do anything, including kiss and lick your man's ass to get him back.

Why don't you give us the real scoop here?

Ok so if I say "I respect that you want some space" and move out, it might actually improve our relationship?
    Yes it's very possible....and I suggest you date others while you are at it.

I think he'll love me if I just figure out how to be independent enough for him. So will moving out work? If he didn't want to date anymore, when I suggested moving out and still dating he wouldn't have said "sounds good." And he answers all my phone calls, isn't like demanding that I leave his apt in any time frame (my name isn't on the lease)... If he were done with me, he could've done those things
    ONCE AGAIN:
    Tell us, do his parents even know about you or are you a secret to anyone who is of importance to him?

He keeps her a secret because he doesn't want his parents to find out he's been shackin up and having sex....it's against their religious beliefs you know lol.

Does ANYONE that is important to him know about her? His friends? His colleagues? A sibling that is also wanting an orgasm from a steady source before they tie the knot with someone?

OP? You avoid answering any questions. That is the sign of a troll.

yes i've met all his friends and coworkers, I guess he just doesn't want me to skype with his family or come back across the globe with him to meet them yet?

Now he isn't trying to break up w/me, just talking like a jerk. example:I asked about booking plane tickets for his buddy's wedding and it's not like he said I'm no longer his date... But he said "Why do we have to do this right now?" and I said "so we get on the same flight" etc, he said "that isn't a big deal" and I protested it was, so he goes "F*** you."

yes i've met all his friends and coworkers, I guess he just doesn't want me to skype with his family or come back across the globe with him to meet them yet?

Now he isn't trying to break up w/me, just talking like a jerk. example:I asked about booking plane tickets for his buddy's wedding and it's not like he said I'm no longer his date... But he said "Why do we have to do this right now?" and I said "so we get on the same flight" etc, he said "that isn't a big deal" and I protested it was, so he goes "F*** you."
    Do you know what it's like to be with a man that loves you? Cause this one does not. Whether he is not breaking up with you is neither here, nor there.

Well he's never been this jerky before. Lots of times that he seemed disinterested, once that he tried to go out with and constantly flirt with that girl behind my back, always making it clear that work is [URL=https://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1[/URL] over me or his family. But maybe he's just mad and needs time to cool off right now. Maybe he's just afraid to get emotionally close or really love and needs more time. It did take him a year to say "I love you" back and once he finally did, he immediately ran out to try to meet up with that other chick at a bar at midnight

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast