+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we ever get engaged?

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    Sounds like a sour grape statement...
    Oh really? Sour grapes? I had a house, was engaged, had a guy wanting to have kids with me, and I left it all for a powerhouse job and a hotshot rebound guy who worked in a position above mine. Have I ever regretted that decision? NO, because nothing is worse than that bored stale feeling. So yes, I very well could've had those things, I've just chosen not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Roses919191 View Post
    Oh really? Sour grapes? I had a house, was engaged, had a guy wanting to have kids with me, and I left it all for a powerhouse job and a hotshot rebound guy who worked in a position above mine. Have I ever regretted that decision? NO, because nothing is worse than that bored stale feeling. So yes, I very well could've had those things, I've just chosen not to.
    Hmmm... Who are you kidding? You were close to putting a gun to his head to force him to marry you. Now that he's close to dumping your sorry ass, that's if he hadn't done it yet, lol, you're like a sour puss who's ready to kiss your masters ass!

Woman, go troll somewhere else. Your not as smart as you pretend to be!

- - - Updated - - -

And FYI... I don't think your dumb enough (but maybe you are dumb enough) to sell a pretend house so you can move in with a guy whose parents you have not even met yet!

The idea of being married and "stuck" in a stable, drama-free life with an average guy who thinks I'm super great and pays lots of attention to me... Bores me to death. I would much rather be with a high-profile guy like my current BF, in my same career, who is a little distant and I have to work to win him over, but can eventually get married to him in the end. More exciting
    Well, you've gotten exactly what you're looking for so stop complaining about it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

He says if I have to get engaged right now, then we might be better going our separate ways since he's not ready yet and I'm constantly pushing for it. I said "If you tell me you want to wait multiple more years to propose, then that'll solve the problem right now, since I won't be on board with that & I'll leave you." But he won't say that.
    Here's a quote from sour puss Rose. Ugh... The truth will set you free!

- - - Updated - - -

his family lives in extreme poverty far away & he hasn't seen them in 10 years but talks to them & sends them every bit of extra money he can, they are always asking him for money. So maybe he doesn't want to get married till he feels he can better provide for both me & them? Maybe that's why he needs time to think in order to come up with a "specific time frame"?
    This doesn't sound like a quote from someone with a power house job and from a boyfriend with a higher position, lol.

Thanks dontaskme. I think Rose is bringing herself undone.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Thanks dontaskme. I think Rose is bringing herself undone.

I am just a person who acts like the grass is always greener. I'll just stick with this hot guy who is my equal in career, rather than a boring trapped life

I am just a person who acts like the grass is always greener. I'll just stick with this hot guy who is my equal in career, rather than a boring trapped life
    Yep, stick with this hot guy who doesn't want to marry you. Awesome way to avoid a boring trapped life.

Well then there is no need to get married.....better to be kept in limbo to keep the home fires burning!

Dick Whipped
    Last edited by woody; 06-03-15 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Dick Whipped
    *laughed like hell over that one, Woody.. lolzzz
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

He always answers my calls and listens to me talk about my big job successes. He is not kicking me out even though it's "his" place, he could if he wanted. And he finally hugged me back when I hugged him last night. His grudge is melting and when we go to his buddy's wedding (he knows I'm coming), I'll look HOT and all will be well and exciting again

The way I'm getting control again is by acting like he has choices. I call to tell him about what I just did at work that was bada**, but I start the phone call with "Is now a good time for you to talk, or are you busy with your own work? Bc I certainly understand and if so, we can talk at a time later that works for you."

He always answers my calls and listens to me talk about my big job successes. He is not kicking me out even though it's "his" place, he could if he wanted. And he finally hugged me back when I hugged him last night. His grudge is melting and when we go to his buddy's wedding (he knows I'm coming), I'll look HOT and all will be well and exciting again

The way I'm getting control again is by acting like he has choices. I call to tell him about what I just did at work that was bada**, but I start the phone call with "Is now a good time for you to talk, or are you busy with your own work? Bc I certainly understand and if so, we can talk at a time later that works for you."
    We have to stop feeding the troll, lol.

Yeah, "Dick Whipped" felt appropriate. ..

good for a giggle or two..

time for Troll to start fasting.

Bit of a weirdo. Hey, she made her plate right? seems she did.

over and out.
    Last edited by woody; 07-03-15 at 06:24 AM.

I really think I like emotional distance. Example: he is swamped with work and has NO plans this weekend other than to sit in this apartment and do work. He doesn't want to talk and says sure, maybe we can do something for an hour on Sunday. He assured me that he isn't trying to avoid me, he doesn't want to sit here doing all this work, he just has no choice.

Instead of thinking "WTf, I should find another guy," I feel peaceful and relieved. I still have a BF who looks awesome on paper, is hot, and when we eventually do hang out, it'll be nice. But in the meantime, I'm not being SMOTHERED by some guy who needs too much attention, and when I feel like being alone, I can. And tonight I can go out to the bar with my girls and he won't breathe down my neck, he'll just sit at home and do his work like a good boy. He isn't hounding me for attention, or mad at me because I just chose to take on a project that'll keep me in the office ALL day tomorrow. I would hate a guy who got mad at me for my last-minute decision to choose work... I want the money and prestige involved with my job. I DON'T want to have to answer to my BF, or spend my weekend with screaming, rambunctious little kids, making dinner or doing household chores allll weekend instead when I'd rather be at work.

When I do need heavy emotional attention, I have a great family and plenty of girlfriends. But that's rare for me.
    Last edited by Roses919191; 07-03-15 at 01:55 PM.

That's nice but...

Will you ever get engaged?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast